Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well gentlemen, Halo is now moving on to become an RTS. Very interesting to say the least.

ARTICLE : http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154046

I really like Age of Empires, but I don't think that style of RTS will work in the Halo universe. This game certainly has awesome potential (playing space battles with captain keyes on your side ftw), but it also could be another run-of-the-mill RTS, which is more likely.

Any one have any thoughts?

PS. Halo was originally planned to be an RTS so they are in no way stealing from Halogen, the fan made RTS that was shut down.
 

·
I was saving that bacon
Joined
·
7,177 Posts
tippmann666 said:
hope its better than halo
Shouldnt be to hard, halo and halo 2 are not that great. But I doubt I will play it, im not a RTS kinda guy. Im more of a fan of swat type games and urban combat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,746 Posts
toXic said:
Shouldnt be to hard, halo and halo 2 are not that great. But I doubt I will play it, im not a RTS kinda guy. Im more of a fan of swat type games and urban combat.
thats what i meant by "hope its better than halo" im more of a fan of the online shooters like unreal and quakeIII
 

·
Big Props to L. Ron
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
tippmann666 said:
thats what i meant by "hope its better than halo" im more of a fan of the online shooters like unreal and quakeIII
xbox live?

i think this game would be cool if it was more squad based combat and you command the spartan squad because RTS's for consoles usually suck ass
 

·
Pedobear Supporter
Joined
·
2,526 Posts
It looks pretty cool, but they're gonna either


A. Do it right, and it's gonna be a huge hit.... or
B. Theyre gonna mess it up, and it's gonna fail horribly.


It's a best or worst-case scenario, IMHO.
 

·
I was saving that bacon
Joined
·
7,177 Posts
with all the halo fan boys even if the game does completely suck it will be the "greatest game ever, besides halo 1 and 2 and eventually 3".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,007 Posts
Is it for the PC or 360? IMO RTS games are abysmal on anything other than a mouse and keyboard.
 

·
GO BUCKS
Joined
·
798 Posts
RTS's for consoles dont suck anymore. BFME2 is doing quite good on 360. Dont think that Halo 3 is being replaced by this game. Halo 3 is still coming out in FPS, the usual. This is just another little add on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am pretty sure I pointed that out in your thread.

I am also pretty sure I made mine before yours, which i also pointed out in your thread, might want to read that... not to start flaming or anything.

If a mod would like to merge the two threads, I dont care who gets credit for creating it. If not, then whatever.



I also agree that RTS need to be on the PC. Maybe im old school, but i have never played a good console RTS.
 

·
Pneumatically Insane ©
Joined
·
2,595 Posts
DayoftheGreek said:
I am pretty sure I pointed that out in your thread.

I am also pretty sure I made mine before yours, which i also pointed out in your thread, might want to read that... not to start flaming or anything.

If a mod would like to merge the two threads, I dont care who gets credit for creating it. If not, then whatever.



I also agree that RTS need to be on the PC. Maybe im old school, but i have never played a good console RTS.
ahh, ok thumup: thumup:
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top