Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first AP test next Monday, May 10th.

I'm feeling pretty good about it, i've taken 3 practice tests already and i've gotten 3's on them without even doing the free response questions. So thats getting a 3 with only doing 60% of the test. Not to shabby. In class tommorow we're doing a bunch of free response questions to help us prepare for them.

Anyone have any pointers, anyone here taken the AP biology test? I know a few members on here are AP students as well, I'd like input from you all, anything i should watch out for and of-course wish me luck :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
im not smart enough to be in AP bio ...lol im in reg bio next year as a sophmore...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I hated bio, chemistry is so much better.

·
Registered
214 Posts
taking it monday as well. everywhere in the U.S. its the same date. saturday & sunday are off-limits cuz of religious reasons i guess....

i can do the free response easy cuz i've been practicing with the teach. and the multiple choice'll be a breeze.

i mean if you just read your bio book thru the school year it'll be fine.

D

·
0 Posts
im canadian, ive never heard of such thing.. odd...

but i am in grade 11 university biology right now.. pointers? hell i dunno... hah

·
Premium Member
3,281 Posts
Ooo, histories not bad. I got a 4 on it. (essays can be tough though). I got ap calc test tomorrow, wish me luck!:) ...speaking of which I better get back to studying....

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I'm smart enough to be in the best classes you can, you see, there's a little thing called "motivation" that I lack though. Oh well.

D

·
0 Posts
oh i lack all motovation.. i have none, at all.

but since i never really forget ****, i usually ace tests and keep a high mark and havr cruised through with an above average.... imagine if i tried

·
Registered
917 Posts
Study in the bathroom right before. Bring your study book thingey and just study your butt off right before. My bro did that and got a 5. DON'T STUDY THE NIGHT BEFORE! It will actually hurt you, assuming you already know your general material.

Good breakfast, 6-8 hours of sleep, and make sure to pee right before, or else you'll have a case of the jitters during the test. :p

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
yea lack of motivation is the only thing taht is keeping my gpa from being higher than like 3.8. I know i can do better, but whats the point, my parents only tell me to do better, i dont get any rewards for doing well, and i know what college im going to already, because everyone from my school ends up going there

·
Registered
214 Posts
even if my parents said, if you work your ass off we'll buy you a dm4, i'd still wouldn't work any harder. thats just how lazy i am.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
shoot for a 4 bro, most colleges wont accept 3's for bio (depends on the major really). good luck. i got a 5 on my american one last year, and a 3 on the euro. both are good enough to get me out of a class or too (the 5 is the max u can get, 1 is the lowest. they dont give out 0's)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ya im shooting for a 4.

I have two of the AP test exam prep books and my teacher has a few others. I've been studying like crazy, and the only thing im a little skimpy on is the plant hormones and the human nervous system. Other then that im pretty much set. Ya im gonna read over the sections that im a little weak at and try and build them up. I'm feeling pretty confident about it.

Im only a sophmore too.

I have a 3.9 Gpa and my parents don't really motivate me, i just like the feeling of doing good.

Bring my study book thingy? That would be hard lol.

·
Banged
5,579 Posts
yeah, im about as ungeeky as one can be and im in 2 AP classes this year, and took one last year.

i didnt take my US history test last year becasue im retarded and missed the deadline on the registration for it

yesterday i had my AP world history test and it was a *****, i did fine on the dbq, and knew enough to decently bs my way through the second essay, but the third one, i had to describe the effect WW1 had on the middle east, and we never went over that in my class. meh, oh well, after the test went out with sum girls, smoked a couple bowls and went and saw mean girls

1 - 20 of 36 Posts