Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a damn good show on the history channel. anyone else enjoy it ?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Go figure. Nobody can ever enjoy something educational anymore.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dirtrider said:
Unless its about sex. :tup
just when I thought I had absolutely no life.

here came dirtrider..

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
I missed it. Was it on evolution?

Back in 10th grade when I took Biology I was exempted from the final exam because I didn’t believe in evolution and it went against my religious views. I don’t think anyone actually spoke up about it before, and they were a little baffled and not sure how to deal with such a thing. Long story short, they knew they couldn’t force me to learn it, so I was exempted from it.

Creation vs. Evolution is a fun topic, though we cant discuss it here since our rules forbid such a thing.

- Brian

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got me wondering...

we want to find our first ancestor, but what will we evolve into next? what will we look like in 10 million years from now? (assuming we live)

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought they did it well for histroy of evolution. I was very interested.

·
Registered
830 Posts
unfortunately we won't see another 10 million years. the sun (if it acts as any star of its makeup and size does) will begin to expand and eventually engulf mercury, venus, and the earth, making mars the new mercury... all before it collapses into a white dwarf star. and then you also have the impending doom of the Andromeda galaxy that is hurtling towards us at an insane rate of movement.

long story short, we're ****ing doomed

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Assuming we're still living on earth.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
paintchick15 said:
unfortunately we won't see another 10 million years. the sun (if it acts as any star of its makeup and size does) will begin to expand and eventually engulf mercury, venus, and the earth, making mars the new mercury... all before it collapses into a white dwarf star. and then you also have the impending doom of the Andromeda galaxy that is hurtling towards us at an insane rate of movement.

long story short, we're ****ing doomed
The sun has more than 10 million years of life left.

·
Registered
830 Posts
no it doesnt... its been around for more than 4.6 billion years... thats its half-life i think.. wait a second...

okay maybe youre right...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts