Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the apex barrell in action or have one? does it really curve around corners? Just saw it today in a magazine and it looked kinda interesting.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
from what i've heard, it does work like that, but you definitely wont make a heck of a lot of friends using a barrel like that... a lot of people dont like them because they just add to the fact that people are using less skill to play the game, and relying more on expensive equipment...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Its basically a flatline barrel that can shoot off to the side.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think that by the time you dile(sp) it in to hit the person around the bunker that they would notice that the balls are curving towards them, and that they sawe u pre-game with the apex so they would move. Wouldnt get one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes this gun really works. I like to use the dive bomb setting a lot. Set the barrel to like 6 or 7 for the best shots. The only problem is that it takes a few shots to get the desired shot you want.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The apex works pretty good but like people said it isnt reallly practical to use the dial in fast paced games... The apex does however give you a better range. you can shoot much further with an apex

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^^^ Not true. I have a flatline and it works awesome. Yes sometimes if you shoot someone from a distance it wont break but that doesnt seem to happen to much. What people have to remember is if your shooting 275fps your shooting 275. There is no barrell that actually slows down your speed. now if you get a flatline or something like a 16-18" Barrell you are shooting further but your ball will slow down the further it goes. So it wont hit someone at 275.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Exactly!!!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
dude... ever hear of wind resistance? it doesnt matter if the ball leaves your barrel at 275 fps... wind resistance will slow the paintball down regardless of whether it's spinning or not... meaning your effective range will ultimately be very similar as compared to a normal barrel.. which means yes, the backspin might add a little distance, but the farther that ball travels, and the more wind resistance is applied to the ball, the less of a chance that ball has of breaking due to the reduced speed...

·
Lounge prostitute
1,945 Posts
axually, it'd be kinda nice, as you dial it in lane and have the ball bunker them :) lol my friend uses a flatty and i don't care what people say, it increases the range. He's a newer player and i haven't been hit by him so idk how far u can be away and have it pop.

·
Registered
980 Posts
VegA5 said:
^^^^ Not true. I have a flatline and it works awesome. Yes sometimes if you shoot someone from a distance it wont break but that doesnt seem to happen to much. What people have to remember is if your shooting 275fps your shooting 275. There is no barrell that actually slows down your speed. now if you get a flatline or something like a 16-18" Barrell you are shooting further but your ball will slow down the further it goes. So it wont hit someone at 275.
you obviosly do not know anything
having a longer barrel does not increase your range
it tightens the shot grouping
dont say anything if you dont know what you are talking about

·
Registered
201 Posts
the flatline barrel WILL increase your range by a bit...a 16 or 18 inch barrel will just suck up more air/co2. you really don't need anything more than a 12' butt the flatline is a 14'...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts