Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ford Prefect Fan #42
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I've been looking at getting a 14 or 16 inch CP one piece barrel for my BT Trracer DMR woodsball project. I've also grown rather interested in the BT Apex tip and though for $30 I'd give it a try. On paintballonline.com, it says it says that the apex tip fits Apex, LAPCO, and CP barrels, but thats the only place I saw it mentioned on all sites, and couldn't find much about it anywhere else. I also saw on Amazon that there was a CP barrel apex adapter, but it said it was for the CP Tactical Barrels.

So...will I need the adapter to fit a one piece CP barrel, or will I need to get the adapter.

Just for reference:
Barrel: Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment
Tip: Paintball - Cheap Paintball Guns, Gear and Paintball Equipment
Adapter: Amazon.com: Custom Products CP Tactical Barrel Tip - Apex Adapter: Sports & Outdoors

Thanks in advance,
- Tristan

·
Ford Prefect Fan #42
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, I used to the apex tip recently on a BT-4 and was impressed with the results.

Guess I'll forgo the apex then though, since I wasn't looking to spend craptons on a barrel. I did see a guy though on youtube have a apex tip correctly (or so it looked) mounted on a CP barrel, and I didn't see any adapter.

Heres the vid: YouTube - Empire Trracer Pump at Pentagon Paintball

·
Ford Prefect Fan #42
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, don't judge until you use it, ya it's not a CCI Phantom, but with a good barrel, that thing is dead accurate. One guy I know uses only pump, and still owns the speedball players on the speedball and x-ball field. One guy I know has a Nelson Trracer, BT Trracer, CCI Phantom, and Ego w/ Pump kit, and he gets the majority of the kills in each game.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I LOVE the Apex and Apex 2... It has changed the way I play paintball, as players that were out of range before can now be hit with a few shots that are only available to APEXperts.

YouTube - ‪What Barrel will Help with Accuracy Paintball Woodsball 75 150 300+ Feet Test Apex 2 Tippmann A-5‬‏

video available in 1080HD. Includes 150 foot one shot elmination (headshot) as well as 300+ foot elmininations during a game at Trails of Doom this spring.

You can make your own adapter for pretty much any barrel with tape and o-rings if you are handy... Other than that, you need an "apex ready" barrel for the tip to work correctly. The barrels that are made for the Apex 1 or Apex 2 will work for the Apex 2 tip. If you are buying the original Apex 1 tip, it will not work on Apex 2 ready barrels (the back ridge is too big on the Apex 1.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts