Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k, so im like half way through me second year of college and im really not liking my major. i already changed once, from enviro engineering to communications, and it still doesnt feel right. im not doing so hot in the classes, but thats partially 'cause i just dont give a crap about em.

so i've been looking into some other options besides college, and i came across apprenticeships. basically you go and work for some company under a journeyworker for 1-6 years dependent on the occupation, they pay (usually) for some extra schooling at like a community college or technical college, plus they pay you a wage, though usually about half what the journeyworker gets. then, as you progress your pay gets more and more, till you become a full worker.

we've kinda been brought up with the idea that if you dont go to college you're a failure at life. all through school teachers and my parents drilled that idea into my head, but this looks like a viable option. anybody have any experiance with apprenticeships or know anyone that does?

tl;dr im thinking about becoming an apprentice, thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
what's the difference? if you can't find something you that you can enjoy studying, then how can you find something you enjoy working at?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts