Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only electric hopper i have tried is the Quantum E-Feed and the sound of it was very annoying, are all hoppers this loud?

(fixed a spelling error)

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
quantums are horribly loud...well they are horrible all around

hoppers arent very loud at all...they seem a lot louder when you are just shooting in your back yard or something than they do when you are actually playing a game. At least it seems like that too me

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
The reason you think the Quantum is loud is because you always have to keep it on to work. Other loaders are sensored so when you shoot it turns on and feeds then off when your not shooting. I had one of those hoppers and boy did I hate its guts. It didn't even feed right, I had to keep shaking it around. But that's what you get for $30.

·
Registered
263 Posts
not near as much ast he quantum...the halo is loud w/o paint..but like ahmadi6490 said most other hoppers are better cuz they have a sensor that turns on only for a few seconds...go with a egg..its nice and you can get the Z-board for like 20 buxs and it will be feeding fast fast fast..my bro had a halo and i sold him my egg..he liked it better cuz it easier to turn off and near as heavy..even a revi will work depends on what gun your planin on gettin..

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Well, consider this. Most loaders will only spin, spinning will cause noise, when your marker is being fired. Which is louder? The marker.

Also, shaking your hopper to un-jam it will make more noise than an electronic hopper spinning.

-Mike

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any hopper that's not like the Quantum (any hopper that has a sensor) will have all of the sound it makes covered up by the sound of the gun shooting. The only time you can hear a Halo at all is when it's completely out.

Don't waste your money on crap like the Quantum; you might as well get a gravity fed. I actually liked my cheap**** gravity hopper better than the Quantum I had for my first hopper, which I promptly sold.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
mavsfan31 said:
If you don't like the noise of you hopper, can't you just upgrade the servos and stuff in there? If I'm not mistaken, I tihnk RC cars work.
If you have experience in that area, then yeah. But if you mess up then your hoppers gone. Currently they don't make any upgrades for hoppers that'll quiet them down. Most is done by modding or custom work. Or the higher end hoppers come stock quiet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts