Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here it is. You know about the controversy, they hype, etc, etc. My question is, are the New England Patriots being unsportsmanlike in their playing habits (ie running up the score, keeping brady in all game, etc) or is it something else. As always i reserve my judgement till later, you all discuss.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
I don't think so. any sane coach wants to play his best players. I do think it is a bit rediculous to run the score up like that though. I'm sure theres a good handful of pine-warmers that would love to get out there and level someone.

It might actually be a good thing that he leaves brady out all game, maybe he'll get injured thumup:

what I would give to watch the patriots fall into a downward spiral haha...

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I think what they are doing is absolutely uncalled for. Its one thing to beat an opponet, it's another to grind him into the dirt.

I would love to see them pay for this with injury, It would make me the happiest guy in the world.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I would love to see them pay for this with injury, It would make me the happiest guy in the world.

That's not sick or twisted in anyway... haha

Anyhow I think that there is nothing wrong with 'running up the score' like that. I've always been one to try to beat my opponent as best I can. I mean, the patriots have had games in the past where they got beaten pretty bad, but I didn't even think of making the excuse about running up the score. If running up the score is a bad thing, then Karma will get its revenge, no worries there.

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
I think what they are doing is absolutely uncalled for. Its one thing to beat an opponet, it's another to grind him into the dirt.

you know what's uncalled for? losing a game 56-10, then going to your coach and telling him you deserve the $5 million dollar check he's about to pay you for getting your ass kicked

this is the professionals, not peewee football.. if you dont like losing so bad, do better, cause you sure as hell dont deserve your paycheck if you can't handle the teams you play with

and for the record, tom brady has sat out more than any other quarterbacks (barring injury) this season.. he almost always sits out the 4th, and yet he's shattering records with 3/4 the playing time as everyone else.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Wish I could have watched that game...

At least I saw the UK vs UT game yesterday lol

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
But it hasn't happened yet...

I'm not going to say they couldn't be beat by any team, because they can. If the patriots have an off game, and the team they play take advantage of it, they could win. But if you really see how much the patriots want to go undefeated, and if they really put the effort, you can't stop them. And I believe that this goes with every team.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I know some of you patriot haters have something to say about monday nights game.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I thought it was a good game. I cant really think of any really crappy calls that were made to help or hurt the pat's. But man, Willis McGahee is a beast.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts