Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I am getting a '00 golf soon and I have around.... 800 saved away to buy stuff for it.

First of all I'm planning on getting a cool air intake
eBay Motors: COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEM OBX 99-04 VW JETTA/GTI 1.8L 4CYL (item 260076063379 end time Jan-21-07 11:16:33 PST)

Next is a new muffler A twin loop
eBay Motors: OBX TWIN LOOP MUFFLER EXHAUST VW GOLF GTI JETTA PASSAT (item 160075700911 end time Jan-21-07 11:29:12 PST)

Then there is a new set of rims
eBay Motors: 18 GM ADR WHEELS RIM 5 LUG ECLIPSE TALON ALTIMA MAXIMA (item 120076520451 end time Jan-20-07 13:19:54 PST)

That's all I've thought about for now. and is about 500ish

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
that muffler looks rediculous, and everyone and their mom has rims that look like that...
werd

I'd personally do mods that actually DO something. That muffler doesn't get 10-15hp any more than a different paintjob would

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Are you shooting for the biggest poser in history look? An intake is virtually useless, that muffler is useless and the rims are ugly. Save what little money you have for repairs and gas. Because believe it or not, no one else thinks that stuff is cool. Get yourself a CD player and some nice speakers.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm really not a fan of the stock rims at all. The stock muffler is ugly. I'm not an idiot. An intake does add some horse power. The muffler, I know won't add much of any horsepower.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The muffler is for pure looks. I'm not going to straight up rice it out. Rims and an exhuast are the only things going on it looks wise. Then next summer if the car is still running smoothly I might drop some cash into it.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
you'd have a better response elsewhere dude. nobody here likes cars with useless mods like those. and don't fool yourself into thinking just a cold air intake will give you much power. unless that particular part is a bottleneck in the system, it won't make much of a difference. I'd put some research into it, see what parts actually help and which are useless.

and a big ass muffler on a tiny little 4-banger is the epitome of rice

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Well I'm really not a fan of the stock rims at all. The stock muffler is ugly. I'm not an idiot. An intake does add some horse power. The muffler, I know won't add much of any horsepower.
The muffler is ugly? The only time you should see a muffler is if its hanging from the bottom of the car. Who the hell cares what the tip of your exhaust looks like?

IMO all those parts are a waste of money. Instead of spending that money on wheels, why not just put it towards buying a nicer car.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
... That muffler doesn't get 10-15hp any more than a different paintjob would
Agreed, it's not going to improve the performance of the engine that much

To me that muffler looks like they took a loop of pipe and welded a cover around the middle section then polished it up.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
a golf isn't a pos car mind you. And next to actual sports cars which would be insane insurance.... it's what I want. And for my first year of driving it, I'm not allowed to do any huge performance mods.

I looked into some. A stage 3 turbo for it is abour 1grand. And boosts it to.... 275hp and a 20psi boost. But turbos have downsides too.

So right now what I am looking at are visual things I like. I had looked into a catback exhaust. After more research. It's not just the muffler. Btw... So what if I like imports? Personally I'm not a fan of GM's and the like... but when people are like... Ooo i drive a mustang or a vette... I don't shoot them down.... basically my point would be don't be a douche because you don't like my car.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts