Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Am I am idiot, or are these different threaded barrels?

Below is a picture of my Bob Long G6R barrel (autococker) threads, and a Smart Parts barrel back (as claimed in the eBay addiction)

When I try the screw the smart parts barrel into my G6R the threads do not bite at all.

I'm thinking the Smart Parts is really a Spyder or Shocker kit.

Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
It looks like spyder threads to me. It may not be the sellers fault completely. Some spyder threads do fit guns with autococker threads. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I've seen a buddys G6R work perfectly with an evil pipe barrel kit that had spyder threads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It looks like spyder threads to me. It may not be the sellers fault completely. Some spyder threads do fit guns with autococker threads. I'm not quite sure why this is, but I've seen a buddys G6R work perfectly with an evil pipe barrel kit that had spyder threads.
That's weird. The seller is taking the kit back. I don't think they were the original owners, or even know much about paintball.

Back in the day how expensive were Spyders? I can't see someone buying a 100+ dollar barrel kit for a sub 300 dollar gun.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Spyders have never been all that expensive but they usually topped out just over $200 with a few fancier exceptions. People spent hundreds on body kits for Tippmanns and 'cocker fans mortgaged their homes for fancy pnuematics don't try to understand paintball just accept it. thumup:

·
Super Moderator
3,802 Posts
That's weird. The seller is taking the kit back. I don't think they were the original owners, or even know much about paintball.

Back in the day how expensive were Spyders? I can't see someone buying a 100+ dollar barrel kit for a sub 300 dollar gun.
Spyders weren't ever that expensive. But the bonus of freak kits were what if you traded up, you just needed to spend 20-40 on a new back, keep your fronts and inserts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts