Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, you can drop some serious cash on upgrades for any gun, i just want to know if it worth it to get the cure 3+ bolt, zick2 kit, emortal board, and possibly the new dye carbon fiber boomstick barrel. which if any of these upgrades are worth the price and will provide noticeable change in accuracy or efficincy? any help would be appreciated, peace...

·
God
292 Posts
That's a great marker, (The Etek 3,) I'd definitely get some major ups for it.

To work with accuracy I'd definitely get a new barrel, stock barrels are never good. Also, upgrading the e-board, at least in my experience, offers no better performance than a stock e-board.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Stock Etek 3 barrel is just a single back shaft. No point in replacing it, it's a great barrel.

Zick2 is worth it, smooths out Egos quite a bit. Cure 3 I personally would also get, as the cure 1 didn't impress me overly.

Did you get the Etek3 AM or the composite one (I can NEVER remember it's abreviation)?

·
Registered
172 Posts
alright, the new dye carbon fiber boomstick barrel. which if any of these upgrades are worth the price and will provide noticeable change in accuracy or efficincy? ...

New barrel for sure. thumup:

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i got the AM version, i appreciate everyones input, zick2 kit and cure 3 bolt is in the mail!!! anyone in south fl wanna get together and ball???

·
Registered
1 Posts
No the only differences between the AM and the LT is the AM comes with all aluminum eye covers,grip,feed neck,and the LT comes with Glass Reinforced Nylon eye covers,grip and feed neck. The emortal board is a separate thing that's not out yet. The Emortal board will bring the cap from 15.4? to 22 bps and will have a LCD screen,and it will only work with the AM grip. Its possible to upgrade the LT GRN with all metal stuff.

AM means All Aluminum and I think LT means Lite

To AABatteries , Yes they both come with the zick kit and the cure1 bolt.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
look at the other thread you asked in instead of trying to carry the same conversation through multiple threads please

martix-thanks for the link, helped me as well, that guy put an ass load of work into that Q&A
yeah I found that a month or so ago when i was looking into getting one. I decided not to, they're not yet cost-effective liek my promaster is. I'll stick with that for a while longer.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
i think im going to wait for used prices to dump down a bit on the etek 3, and when my friends knee heals up and the doctor gives him the OK to paintball he is going to buy my mini and ill put that cash and a little out of my pocket towards the 3

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Buying a mid range marker and then upgrading the hell out of it right away sort of defeats the entire point you may as well have just bought a used 08/09 Ego.

·
Premium Member
9,222 Posts
Doubly so since one of the biggest knocks that most people gave the Etek is that it's theoretical cyclic rate was so much lower than that of a real Ego. But with the Ego9 having done away with the QEV's, and the planks having further reduced the amount of air used to cycle the ram, the max cyclic rate of the Ego9/10 is not really THAT much higher than an Eteks now.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts