Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Are we in the same position as the fish?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. Let's try to make this a semi intellectual conversation. So there has been many rumor's of alien's and greater life form's living through out the universe. And it got me thinking, I have never believed in alien's and still dont, but it make's you wonder. I came to this by actually a bible verse. But that's not important.

Everyone here know's about fish. Not that big of a deal right? Well, do fish know we exist? Im sure they know something about us, since we catch them and release them back sometime's. But the fish live in their own big(to them, little to us) world. And their may be 100's of fish a day and released back, but there is still million's out there. This will make sense in a minute. ;)

And then there's human's. Living in our own little world,(big to the universe). There's been hundred's of people claiming to have been ubducted by alien's. But doe's anyone really believe them? What im saying is, fish probably dont believe in us, and we do not believe in alien's. So is it possible for alien's to exist? Im sure we dont "exist" to the million's of fish.

So pbf, do they exist? lol :shrug:

Reactions: BUBBASR.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
YES first vote. I voted uncle. Some where out there something is lurking..waiting for us to get to powerfull then they will put us into check. all war of the worlds style.

edited to add:
most of the fish that get caught and released aren't slack jawed yocals who had a bit too much moonshine. If an alien race is so amazing that they can travel to our area quickly they can probably monitor us just as easily from afar. Why would they just keep on stopping by to pick someone up for a little bit to take off again...why wouldn't they introduce themselves to steal our resourses then kill us off?

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well to be honest, that is a good way of putting it. MOst people say stuff like that for attention (being abducted) whereas with fish, we swim in the ocean, there are lots of boats in water, things like that. Im sure the fish way down in the depths we cant reach dont know we're here, but as for the fish floating in shallow water, they probably konw. there's probably fish we havent even seen yet, since they're down so deep.

about the aliens thing- im not sure. its shown that we had a 1/100000000000000000 chance of this planet being inhabitable by life, and it happened. so who knows if in some other universe with the right conditions there might be the same thing going on, or it could be totally different.

all in all heres what i always say when people ask this- how do you know we arent the aliens to some other civilization?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Yes, I'm 100% positive that there is intelligent life out there.

The problem is how far away they are. Unless they decide to make official contact, it's going to take a long ass time for the technology to come around that would make travel to other parts of the universe possible.

I'm talking hundreds if not thousands of years.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
we are the aliens to other civilizations. think about cortez to the people of mexico? he rolled up with just slightly better technology and slaughtered and imprisoned them. in search of what? gold. same with the american. We ended up killing most of them with sickness. Sure we had entire colonies wiped out from indians or just the area itself.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
BUBBASR. said:
we are the aliens to other civilizations. think about cortez to the people of mexico? he rolled up with just slightly better technology and slaughtered and imprisoned them. in search of what? gold. same with the american. We ended up killing most of them with sickness. Sure we had entire colonies wiped out from indians or just the area itself.
that is a good point. and the people who were there had no idea that there were other people on the earth that far away, except maybe by stories or whatever. they didnt know cuz they didnt have the right technology, which may just be exactly how it is now.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flowbob said:
how do you know we arent the aliens to some other civilization?
Such as, the fish. thumup:

Two very good post's so far. I kinda expected it to turn into a... well you know. The thing about what you said flowbob, even though we are in the right condition's for ourselve's, doesnt mean another specie's doesnt need warmer or colder climate's for survival. Which i think you said that, but not right out.

edit- time to play some BHD.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I don't know if its a question so much of intelligent life. It's more of a question of how far away might it be, and if its there (I'm sure it is), exactly how intelligent is it?

We won't find out untill:

A. we find out

or

B. they find us.

I think A is much more likely

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
toXic said:
Such as, the fish. thumup:

Two very good post's so far. I kinda expected it to turn into a... well you know. The thing about what you said flowbob, even though we are in the right condition's for ourselve's, doesnt mean another specie's doesnt need warmer or colder climate's for survival. Which i think you said that, but not right out.
yeah i mean, our conditions are right for us. in the far north and far south (of the globe) its not good conditions for us, but it is good conditions for certain animals. it could be just like that on another planet

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
Would alien lifeforms contradict major Western religions?

I think there's intelligent life somewhere else in the universe, but I doubt we'll ever contact them.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Number One N00b said:
I think there's intelligent life somewhere else in the universe, but I doubt we'll ever contact them.
definitely not in our life times, or our childrens life times. and if this supposed 'global warming' happens to get worse...it wont happen at all

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
flowbob said:
definitely not in our life times, or our childrens life times. and if this supposed 'global warming' happens to get worse...it wont happen at all
Well, now we're getting into the whole world ending discussion.

Personally, I don't see hope for humanity. We'll probably destroy most of our civilizations and start over again. I can see something like the short story "By the Waters of Babylon" happening.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Number One N00b said:
Humans are a cancer on this planet.
is that a joe rogan quote? ;) cuz he definitely said that. that chat when he was on that radio station is crazy, really made me think

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with you there.....

But there is nothing abnormal about our weather. Last time i had a discussion about this, we looked back into record's of the weather. Well, using samples of ice in the arctic's, but it seemed to show evidence of weather constantly increasing and decreasing.

As for us ever finding out if there are other life form's. Well, seriously, if we did have the technology to find out, "we" would never know about it. You know who the we is in this situation. It's the general public. And as for technology, one of the new vehicles coming out, is equipped with infrared instrument's that allow's you to see past your actual viewing range in say, Rain, fog. But they have had this technology out for atleast 10 year's. Because my brother had to write a paper about it when he was in the 5 grade.(10 year's ago)

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
I dunno...there could be, and there also maybe couldn't be. We don't really know, people have said to have been abducted, but we don't know if they were lying or not, it's like bigfoot, or the lochness monster. But the chances of the world that we live on coming around and being able to be lived on by humans is small. Extremely small..my old astronomy teacher said that if our planet would've been a few more miles away from or closer to the sun, that there would have been no way of people living. Basically, everything had to be PERFECT for the world to be able to be lived on. And the chances of that happening again are slim. But the universe is a big place. So basically I don't know.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
flowbob said:
its shown that we had a 1/100000000000000000 chance of this planet being inhabitable by life, and it happened. so who knows if in some other universe with the right conditions
ryan, youre basically quoting me without putting quote tags around it ;)

1 - 20 of 52 Posts