• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question for you all.

Do or can you accept death?

Do you cry when you hear about someone's death?

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh I don't fear death. and I don't moron over a death..

some think I'm heartless since I don't moron over a death.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It deffinetly depends on who it was. I coped with my grandfathers, uncle and other uncles deaths within a week. I still feel bad but dont cry.

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
I'm strangely more comfortable with the idea that I'm going to die eventually than the fact that everyone else will too. If my parents or girlfriend died, hell yeah I'd cry about it. Generally, though, I'm depressed to hear about anyone dying, even when I'm not moved to tears.

I don't think I'm afraid of it, though. If it doesn't happen today, it'll happen tomorrow, or the next day. There's really no point trying to anticipate it.

EDIT:

oh I don't fear death. and I don't moron over a death..
You spell like a mourn. ;)

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I don't fear my own death, and I somewhat value other's lives more than my own...which may be morbid...may not. I don't cry very often, and it takes A LOT to make me...but if one of my parents died, I'm sure I probly would. Not openly, but alone when my mind attacks myself. I wouldn't dwell on it though...I'd just be down and move on.

Oh, and I believe you meant morn, mourn, whatever....but not moron.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
my girlfriend was killed in a car accident when she turned 16 some guy fell asleep in his semi and she died almost instantly...I grieved for her but only because I actually liked her. I have found sinse thought that I don't greave or fear death. I hate saying it but i am totally against any form of god fearing...don't flame...so I don't believe I need to worry about the idea that I am preparing for the after life. I refuse to spend my living days worrying about what happens when I die.

·
Registered
230 Posts
does anyone remember anything before they were born? well I think it is the same way when you die,just blackness and an endless Void,no god no devil no heaven no hell. and as far as grieving I for some reason or other dont grieve when people related to me pass away but when my dog that i had for 10 years died I freaked out.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I dont know how to feel. It depends on the circumstances. My best freinds dad died of a heart failure an hour after i saw him, and it made me feel sick more than sad when i heard. my stomach literally just dropped. it was the only death ive had to deal with luckily in my lifetime.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I am usually embarresed when some1 dies and im the only one not crying, i usually get strange looks at such but i dont feel the need to greive... either its gonna be heaven, or just nothing not even blackness you just wont exist anymore.

I do not fear death, unless its by instict... (like i wouldnt jump off a cliff, becuase i fear it), the onyl reason i would fear death is becuase the people i care for would greive.

Oh yea and I would feel greivance for my itmediate family (mom dad sis bro)

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
i cry at first sumtimes, but not normally. like when my nephew died, i cried, but only for the first day or so, after that i am fine.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
theres no way i can accept right away when i lose someone i loved, but imo, everything happens for a reason, and i just let god decide what happens

id rather die doing something helpful though, like in battle, or saving someone else

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm surprised this many people have posted and I'm sorry if this happens to bring back bad memories for you all. My mom got pissed off at me a couple of days because I was *****ing about how I wanted a truck instead of a car. She was like you don't need a truck to start out with you need a heavy car. then I told her ok you want me to have a 200+hp car over a 130hp truck(I wanted a ford ranger) so she said "if your in a wreak.(i cut her off) if I'm in a wreak god will determine weather or not I die if i die i die if I don't i don't...plus it would be easier to cut through fiberglass then it would metal.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
if its a really good friend or immediate family member i'd probably cry. anyone else....****'em. i dont see why people get so emotional over other peoples deaths. i.e. kurt cobain...why the hell do people who dont even know or ever met him cry, and do other crap...set up memorials....all that crap is b.s. to me. i dont want to sound like a complete ass, but i dont feel for the people who died in 9-11, yes, it was a terrible thing, i expected our govt to do more, but why cry if it wasmt your relative.......id rather get even, and the score aint settled yet the way i see it.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
well a lot of people who died, have contributed a lot to this world, and people who even didnt know them personally were affected by that person's actions. I try no to think about it though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts