Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. What is the ASA?

2. If i upgraded from stock would there a performance increase?

3. Recommendation for an imagine 05 ASA?

4. Are they worth the money to upgrade?

Thanks you guys are really helpful

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
ASA is what we call the Air Source Adapter. Now, there's two of these on most spyders, the Imagine included.

The first, and most often refered to one if the tank asa, the one on the grip you screw your CO2 into.
The other one is the front ASA or vertical adapter. It's on the front of the gun, under the barrel. One end plugs into the gun body, the other has the LPC on it, and the bottom has the expansion chamber screwed into it. If you wanted, you could take off the expansion and put a CO2 in its place. The threads are the same.

There may be a small air flow increase if you bought a new one.
the tank ASA is most commonly left alone unless you upgrade to an on/off or a drop forward. These are mostly a matter of personal preference and what you find to be the most comfortable setup.

Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that helped quite a bit, but i got a little lost right here...

If you wanted, you could take off the expansion and put a CO2 in its place. The threads are the same.

Also i see the lpc, im guessing the other asa is on the inside behind the lpc...is that what u meant?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
You're pretty close. The front ASA is the entire block behind the LPC. It isn't inside of anything. You can see where it ends and joins the body of the gun...About an inch long and tall. Kinda square looking...

As for the part you said you're lost on, I'll try to clean up what I said a little.

If you look at the expansion chamber on the Imagine, and follow it up to where it goes into the ASA, you'll see that the ASA is round here.

If you were to take off the expansion chamber, you could replace it with any number other expansion chamber, or any regulator, or anything that has the same threads. This includes CO2 tanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay lol, sorry i have to put u through this...but im really new to all this...

So heres a picture...Could u possibly tell me where exactly on there the asa is, i got the general idea now, just to make sure. And could u point out the lpc, and expansion chamber? Sorry for all the trouble...Just really new...

http://img93.echo.cx/my.php?image=spyderimagineled2ld.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome, i thought u said the asa was outside the gun?

Thanks for all the help, extremely appreciated

Any suggestions as for a new front asa?

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
it is..well not entiretly cuz it slides about 1 or 2 inches inside so it can stay on. but you can see it all except for those 1-2 inches.

you don't need a new front ASA, the stock one works fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts