Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These guys are from Watertown, SD(my home town) and I was wondering what you guys think of them.

-from www.askingabby.com
Yea, they're from South Dakota, and Asking Abby, as numerous fans have expressed, are breathing new life into a seemingly repetitive Midwest music scene. With influences ranging from The Descendents, to Skid Row, Alkaline Trio, and Cheap Trick, it's undeniable that although their sound is fitting for independent modern rock 'n roll, Asking Abby is not set out to satisfy any one particular genre. Combine the grit of post-hardcore with sinister, passionate songwriting, and toss in a little bit of traditional indie-rock goodness and you're one step closer to the Asking Abby sound. Sure-fire hits such as Destiny and Late Night Drive are not only live fan favorites, but also radio gems, and songs such as Buried on 41st St. and Swallow give the group more of an opportunity to not only get the crowd off of their feet, but also the chance for the band to show off their eccentric live show. In their three years of existence, Asking Abby has shared the stage with Hawthorne Heights, My Chemical Romance, Senses Fail, Roses Are Red, My American Heart, Sophomore, Saosin and Love Me Destroyer, won spots on the Vans Warped Tour and Taste of Chaos Tour, toured the U.S. with bands from Victory/Undecided and Suburban Home Records, played over 200 shows, sold in excess of 3,500 copies of their first two releases, have been featured on compilations from Vanishing Point, Lobster, Royal Crest, and Fatal Accident Records, established record sales and radio play across the globe, and all with absolutely no label support, whatsoever. The four-piece attributes much of their success to their extensive touring schedule, dynamic live performances and their devout connection between Asking Abby and their fans. Living in South Dakota pretty much means that relentless self-promotion is essential, also. Recently completed, Asking Abby's much anticipated junior release is set to be released by late summer/early fall 2005. Produced by General George (Taking Back Sunday, Action Action, Kill Your Idols), the self-titled album is unafraid of reinventing convention and presumptions, and will truly adhere to the hearts of practically anyone who is a fan of the ever-changing, diverse music scene of today. Also expect an East coast tour for Asking Abby during Sept/Oct of 2005.

- www.askingabby.com
- www.purevolume.com/askingabby
- www.myspace.com/askingabby
[email protected]

Tell me what you think.

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about posting this twice. Delete one of them. PBF was being slow so I didn't know if it got posted.

·
Blue Barracudas.
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For those of you interested, you can preorder their new self titled CD off of smartpunk.com for delivery on october 4. It hits stores on october 8th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts