Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
At the Gates is probably really ****ing good. yeah, they are.

At the Gates, Arsis, and Quo Vadis all have different styles of melodic death, and all of them are among the best bands EVER.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
OH MY GOD Quo Vadis is incredible. Find the song "On the Shores of Ithaka" and it might be the one of the best songs you've ever heard.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
charlesotis said:
death metal= crytopsy, morbid angel, suffocation

melo death= at the gatyes, (old) in flames, black dahlia murder, ARSIS, QUO VADIS, etc.
For the record, they are all DEATH metal in their own ways, but Melodic death metal sounds much different than brutal death bands like cryptopsy and Suffocation. I didn't used to listen to ANY death metal besides a few Gothenburg bands, but then once I started giving it a chance I gave in. A LOT of death metal will sound nothing like you are thinking, I'm sure. Check out bands like Death, Cynic, Capharnaum and the like for a more "tech" approach and I guarentee it's not what you think it is.

But........I still don't like much brutal death or "true" grind. I still think it's wise to give it a chance though. It's not all about killing people, either, contrary to popular belief.

·
\m/ viking
935 Posts
i personally dislike grindcore, Death is an amazing band, i have two of their albums and I wish i got to see them live
RIP Chuck Schuldiner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts