Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I know someone who has one of them. They're selling it. eBay: Boston Mooninites LED - Adult Swim ATHF 'Bomb Hoax' (item 130075581205 end time Feb-04-07 11:39:41 PST). I'm friends with the guy's roommate, who just moved from TC recently.

The whole thing is ridiculous. It's not a "hoax" at all. The damn things weren't meant to be thought of as bombs, some retard just thought it was. Anyone who can't see that it's a silly thing from a cartoon--even if they've never seen or HEARD OF ATHF--is an idiot.

The terrorists have won.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
i bet someone is gonna start selling those things main stream now. thats awesome and everyone from boston is now exponentially more retarded for thinking those are bombs

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Anyone else think someone is actually going to make one of those into a bomb?
No I think its pretty safe to say that black explosive devices with no lights are much less likely to be found and messed with than ones with extra bright LED's in the shape of a cartoon character.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
The terrorists have won.
Agreed.

I saw the picture on yahoo news and went "Holy hell, the mooninites have invaded." Then I read the article and lost all faith in humanity. They described them as "Packages" have you seen them? More importantly, did THEY see them? They're essentially flat pieces of plastic with lights and batteries...not packages. I for one say we boycott clam chowder, the Red Sox, and baked beans.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
I know...it's absurd. They actually had bomb squads detonate at least one of them, as I saw in a video somewhere on YouTube.

I might as well keep on saying it...The terrorists have won.

·
12,110 Posts
Dude I'm so embarrassed to live near Boston. I saw it on the news and they were like "and these devices look like circuitboards that could possibly be improvised explosive devices" and I'm like wtf its a mooninite. Even with my arbitrary knowledge of electronics, I know that a lite brite with 4 C batteries clipped to it poses no real harm.

I think this just goes to show that tere is a wide generation

They are going to attempt to press charges against two people, but I don't understand what they did that was illegal.

I think its great and I'm going to go see the ATHF movie

funny thing is is that when I worked at Boston Painball, I used to use the metro stop that they shut down almost every day.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts