Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i went out and played yesterday and i was having some issues with my dm6 that i can not figure out what is going on,

so it started off the day just fine, seen after it developed what seemed to be FSDO, but the problem was it would sit for 10 seconds then have horrable FSDO, it would be up to speed after 5 balls or so, but then every time it sat for 10 seconds and i started firing again the FSDO would be worse, then it got to the point that it wasnt firing, the bolt seemed to move the ball out of the breach but it wouldnt be putting any air behind it.

Every once in a while at this point it would fire one ball fine (which would then break in the barrel but push the other 5 in front of it out)

so i THINK what was going on, is the bolt was not going forward far enoufgh to bring the high pressure air behind the ball, before anyone askes, yes i tryed a new battery and lubed the bolt. So has anyone else had something like this happen? i tryed adjusting the LPR but that didnt seem to do anything to it. i would come bak in, mess with it a little and then it would seem to work fine, go out for another game and after about a pod of paint through it it wouldd do it all over again. like the dwell was being turned down as i shot

so im thinking either the LPR, the HPR or maybe the noid?

any ideas? i took the lpr apart yesterday, didnt seem to do much, any i have yet to take the hpr apart.

thanks for any help as i am lost

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i tryed checking out the hyper 2 last night, horribly failed. I cant get the bottom cap off of it (ended up breaking a small allen wrench trying) but i did manage to get the shim stack out and check on that end of it, eveything there looked fine, so i lubed it back up and put it back together, gased the marker up and it had the same issue, when i pull the trigger there is this little "put" of air released and thats all. its leaking right now but nothing bad and i dont think the leak is related to this problem.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
i managed to get ahold of my friend. In typical fashion, he said he doesn't know what finally fixed it.

So doesn't look like I can help you much. Although I bet if I had it in my hand I could fix it. VERY few markers I can't fix (mechanical/pneumatic issues that don't require replacement parts) out there.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where do you think i should look first?

im thinking i may just go buy a large repair kit and that way Ill have tons of parts on hand for the future, and a new noid if thats the problem. and i think it also has all the parts for the lpr, which is my other guess as to whats wrong.

is there anyway you think the wires running to the noid could be causing this? a short maybe?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya but they are just....expensive. take the circut board out and dump the price down, afterall who wants a stock board?

not to mention right now im dealing with a wrecked car so i was hoping to fix this without a $170 investment

anyway you can think of to test the noid and make sure its working right? (trying to rule one piece out at a time basically)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Sounds like bolt stick. What type of lube are you using?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
smart parts sleek lube (to tellyou the truth i forgot the exact name of it, its SP's dow 33 lube)

bolt stick for the first shot sure but i have the ABS on and it gets worse as it shoots not better, not to mention iv torn the bolt apart and re lubed it just to make sure, it didnt help one bit

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I never use sleek. I use hatersauce on all my spoolies. All I can say is relube your gun and reset your regulators. Bump your dwell up one or two.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
update-

so i was tinkering with it last night, i tryed increasing the dwell, no luck. I have ruled out the Hyper 2 as the problem. but it seems to me that the marker just isnt getting enoufgh air

so this was really strange and i still cant make sence of why its doing this. so i air it up with it turned on and it is leaking out the back cap, not a ton but not a little at the same time, i put my thumb over the back cap and the bolt gets pushed forward and now it is just leaking out the barrel (same amount of air) but i can push the bolt back with my finger which just results in it leaking out the back cap again. iv checked and re checked all the o rings and i dont think they are the problem.

the noid clicks away just fine and the electrical portion of it seems to be working just fine, however the mechanical side of it i am a little curious about, the manual lists the noid as one piece but (at least the dm6, idk about the other trixs) you can take the metal piece off the noid, the piece that has the gasket on it. this piece i am not sure is returning to its rest posistion correctly, there seems to be a fair amount of lube in there and i cant take it apart to clean it. does anyone have experience with this piece? is there any way of cleaning it?

i tryed resetting the regs but realized i dont know their stock settings, anyone know? the manual gives psi but its not like i have a pressure guage on them

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update: so the large parts kit came yesterday, i spent a good 5 hours tearing through it trying to figure out whats wrong, its not the noid, not the board, not the lpr. i really dont think its the hpr either so i am back to stuck. i am wondering if something could have gotten into the air ports through the marker and is jamming things up but im not sure how to check those, any ideas?

this is really pissing me off as its been a month, $160 and i am still sitting on the GO square

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
If you want you can send it to me and I can fix it, I have tremendous experience with fixing matrices. If I don't fix it(Which will only come from a tremendous cost) I'll at least be able to give you a diagnosis to the problem.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts