Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
I haven't used spellcheck at all, ever. I actually paid attention in 1st-3rd grade, when they taught spelling.

My gf's coworker today asked her how to spell dumb. How my gf passed up the opportunity and didn't spell out her coworker's name, I don't know. But the coworker has a ****in MASTERS degree and still doesn't know how to spell dumb. Oh, sweet irony!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ja289 said:
yeah but the spellchecker doesn't correct it for you.. i just took it of bnecauise it was annoying..

plus i hate spelling
If you right click on an underlined word, it gives you a list of correctly spelled words. Click on one of those and it fixes it.

·
Ðèm-öñ(Pòp)tårt
1,469 Posts
martix_agent said:
I was never taught how to type. I think my school was delinquent or something. so here I am at 20 years old and i still have to look at the keys when I type(for the mostpart.)
i had to take a keying class as a prerequisite for my programming course.

they were both only a semester - but i learned a lot in either. if that really bothers you most of the time a local library has a keying class in which you can take (usually for free) and they'll teach you ways around your keyboard that you never imagined possible! lol, yays!

i know i suck at spelling things, but at least i get the basic concept of spelling and dont misspell things like tomorrow and dumb.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
martix_agent said:
I was never taught how to type. I think my school was delinquent or something. so here I am at 20 years old and i still have to look at the keys when I type(for the mostpart.)
I had to suffer through a keyboarding class in 6th grade. I hated it but I'm a pretty fast typer and I never look at the keyboard so the class payed off.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Yeh i often watch TV or something else while im typing I rarely look at the keyboard.

But seriousley. Is there a way to turn the spell check on and off? When I first loaded it it was good to go but now It has stopped checking. :-(

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Z PYRO said:
I haven't used spellcheck at all, ever. I actually paid attention in 1st-3rd grade, when they taught spelling.
Either you're lying or you're stubborn. There is no reason to not use it "at all, ever." If you think you got something wrong, by all means, use it. It shouldn't be an ego thing.

I can tolerate a misspelling or typo here and there. One thing I'm getting really, REALLY sick of, though, is contractions. It is NOT a hard idea to wrap your mind around. It's a combination of two words (or parts of words). That is a SIMPLE concept. You learn these early in life and they shouldn't be tough to use for ANYONE who was raised to speak English.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Yeah there was a point where I just started typing more properly. When you typ lyk dis all da tym it starts to set into your brain and you tend to do it when you shouldn't. Besides, telling someone that they're banned looks so much more powerful with capital letters and proper punctuation. But I can't say that I don't use the spell check feature. My typing sucks and it beats going back and editing everything manually.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts