Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods - move this to the "automobile forum", otherwise I admire your blessings. I just need to find someone who knows a thing or two about foreign cars.

My friend, Tyler, popped a tire on his Audi A4 Quattro. He's telling me he needs a special tool to take off these "plastic lugnuts". I've looked everyone online for this tool, and no success. It didn't come with the car (which it's supposed to). So yeah idk.

So anyone whose into cars, and maybe has dealt with changing a tire on an Audi or some german car, please offer your wisdom.

This kid is my "provider" ;) so I want his car to be working. Plus hes a good bud of mine. pardon the pun if you get what I mean.

Peace

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Uhhh, every plastic lug nut I've encountered comes off either by hand or with maybe a flathead screwdriver. It might also just need to be gently undone with a socket that fits. The real lug nut is underneath. Never heard of a special tool, though.

-Jin

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
Uhhh, every plastic lug nut I've encountered comes off either by hand or with maybe a flathead screwdriver. It might also just need to be gently undone with a socket that fits. The real lug nut is underneath. Never heard of a special tool, though.

-Jin
agreed never heard of any special tool and Ive taken off plenty of those lug nutz

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
doesnt VW use a lug stud thing that threads into the hub, instead of a standard lug nut?

Did a few in shop class last year...

Like so?

as for those plastic caps, I gots a pontiac that has those over the lug nuts, and you just use a socket of the same size and unthread it from the top of the lug nut...

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Right, major pain in the ass. It was both our first time changing a tire on a foreign car like that -- neither being big car people. Thanks for the info tho. Everything's all set anyway now.

-matt

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
whats so good about having lug studs anyways? its much easier to put a wheel back on when you can rest it on the lugs and then just thread the lugs on to hold it on, instead of having to bear the entire weight of the wheel while you screw the ****ers in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts