Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that its an argueable topic, but I'm lookin for a headunit and some subs for my car and want to know what you think I should get and where I should get it installed.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not lookin to go all out, but I still want something quality that sounds nice. I also need to know where to get it installed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got a pioneer headunit and i like it alot. for subs i got some from elemtal designs. edsignaudio.com they got some good ****. I got 2 15's from them and the NINe.2X amp. those things hit so hard its crazy.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
well if you're on a decent sized budget i'd go with 2 alpine 12" type-r's and a kenwood 1700 watt mono amp (my current setup) hits really ****in hard and still good to listen to at the same time.. my 12's seriously hit to quick bass like they're 10's.. the type-r's recover fast as hell.. i'm gonna be buying an alpine head unit soon, but i dont have the money for it right now so i have my old head unit... i payed 960$ for the subs, box and amp... the subs were about 220 a piece, the box around 160, the amp was about 300... then about 60$ worth of tax!!! hahaha not even kidding... it sounds nice as hell and i'm happy to own them... i'll have some decibel ratings after i enter the local car audio competition coming up here soon.. i'll be sure to post...

EDIT: i'd suggest installing yourself if you at all possibly can.. it's not hard at all and will save you a bunch of money... and i know you might say oyu want it to look professional.. it's not hard at all to hide everything and make it look nice.. i've done about 4 systems for my friends, and i've een through about 2 myself...

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
yeah i have to agree with hunts about those type-r subs they are pretty sick

i personaly like pioneer head units for quality, ease of use, price, and they look pretty nice too

if your not looking to spend 200 bux per sub pick you up a couple of JL Audio WO's those will run you about 100-120 or so

and check out concept amps just search it in ebay they are very good amps

and if you have to have it installed just ask around because the circuit city or best buy may be better here or vise versa so just ask around

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
get two kicker solobarics........l5 or l7 whichever is more towards ur budget......i have kicker subs in the stang and all i can say is they hit pretty hard.

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
really.......my last year model comps hit as hard as my buddies rockford 12s

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
i am tellin you guys the new kickers arent worth the money if you want kicker you have to find the older stuff get you a pair of older comps

and i really like kicker used to be all i would use but their quality has really gone down hill lately

·
King of the Fuster Cluck
2,064 Posts
if ya got the cash audiobahn subs are crazy powerful(im not refering to the "flame " style subs, im talking about the more competion style subs). One day we had two cars lined up next to each other and were doind a "sound off", and it was 1 audiobahn 12" in a mazda 3 vs. 2 rockford 12"s in a lancer oz.......the audiobahn was so loud no one could even hear the rockfords.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts