Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Australia has some sweet cars that I wish were over here. For instance, the Ford Falcon

http://www.fpv.com.au/index.asp?target=index.asp&link_id=2.161&type_id=45

Boss 290 V8, making 388hp, 383 ft/lb

There's also the F6

with a turbo 4.0l 6 cylinder, making 362hp, 405 ft/lb

yes, that's right, the turbo-6 makes more torque than the V8 (the V8 is only 50ci bigger).

unfortunately there's likely no market for such a car in the US, seeing as how a 6 cylinder would beat the new Mustang GT's ass but costs around 50k for the v8 and 40-44k for the 6.

I'd still hit it :p

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i hate hearing about things like this... we get all the sorry pos cars and they send the good ones over seas. that would be an awesome contender against the GTO, and i don't think that the mustang is a good car for fighting the market that the GTO holds. bloody car companies... like look at the lotus elise! its been avaliable since when like 96 or 97 in europe. and its just now making it to the us. god this country blows...

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they don't send them overseas, they're all built in australia

·
Registered
967 Posts
your making me so pissed

i want one of these soo bad....id take this over the stang im thinkin performance wise

which car is faster? cause i see the 6 has more torque than the 8 and the 8 is probly heavier

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
zpyro said:
they don't send them overseas, they're all built in australia
i realize that. just talking about the design and idea really. not actual manufacture.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the gt/gtp weighs 4,023lbs, the F6 3,915. so only 100lbs difference, but I think the 6 would still win, seeing as how it has more torque at earlier rpms, nearly the same hp and a little bit lighter.

I need to win the lottery so I can start a company to import cars like this :p

·
Registered
15 Posts
lbreevesii said:
i hate hearing about things like this... we get all the sorry pos cars and they send the good ones over seas. that would be an awesome contender against the GTO, and i don't think that the mustang is a good car for fighting the market that the GTO holds. bloody car companies... like look at the lotus elise! its been avaliable since when like 96 or 97 in europe. and its just now making it to the us. god this country blows...
The GTO doesnt have a hold on any market, especially the one with the Mustang. Theres a reason that the Mustang is one of the top selling cars EVERY year. And the GTO, speed wise, is slower than the Mach1, and if u want more, then go get the Cobra.

And also, the GTO is actually an Australian car. Its origionaly a Holden Manaro. They've been building them there for years, and chevy sucked enough d*** to get them to build them over here now.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I have this strange feeling you won't be lasting long tboard.

the new mustangs are slow. period. My friend jerad and I spent 2 years building his 68 up to godly level. those were cars. today cars are built to hold semi decent gas millage and actually last a while even though they can go fast. the mach1 in the garage now will eat up about 2 or 3 miles to the gallon. Don't know if it will do much better highway but it eats gas like its its job. the 68 was almost as bad as the new one. those cars are quick. Im impressed they have what they have on pretty much econo looking cars. I think the new gt is one of the better looking cars out. its got a feel that you can't beat and for the price your getting something you can show off. because really not many old rich guys who can actually afford a gt are gonna be riding street let alone taking them to the track TOO much. and if they are they should know they wanna have a car with muscle just for the show effect.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What do u mean iu think i wont be lasting long? What does it have to do with anything?

And im not talking about an old mach1, im talking about the 03, and if u got an 03 that gets 2-3 mpg, then u got problems.

And how do u figure a new supercharged cobra is slow? A car thats faster than most factory muscle cars, and yet its slow. I never said that 4.6 mustangs are fast, low 14's, big deal, aint fast at all.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
its a 70 mach 1 not the new ones. I never said a sc cobra is slow i just said its not the same. I was riding in my friends lightning to lunch today and a total douche in a new gt pulled up to the light. I like the car looks nice ect but scott blew him away on the light after some heavy smack talkin. both are new but the 68 beat the truck by several car lengths in a quarter.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUBBASR. said:
I never said a sc cobra is slow i just said its not the same.

BUBBASR. said:
the new mustangs are slow. period.
last I checked, a V6, a V8, and a SC V8 mustang are all still mustangs.

BUBBASR. said:
I was riding in my friends lightning to lunch today and a total douche in a new gt pulled up to the light. I like the car looks nice ect but scott blew him away on the light after some heavy smack talkin. both are new but the 68 beat the truck by several car lengths in a quarter.
well lets see, V8 vs. supercharged V8, wonder who will win :rolleyes: now you try that with dooms' cobra and see who gets the beatdown

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
mock me will you. off with his head.

so yea in the heat of the moment I claim all were slow. What kinda times does the old cobra do there dooms?

that lightning is one of the fastest cars Ive seen...and its a truck. hes put alot into that truck.

but yea blow 70 mack1>supercharged v8

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
lightning is a sweet truck, but its being discontinued which blows.

i would take any big v8 muscle car from the 60's and early 70's over a new v8. no bloody emmisions crap eating HP, etc. the new GT stangs are pretty respectable at 300 horses stock.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BUBBASR. said:
:p <3

yea the lightnings are I think either 13 or 12 second trucks with minor bolt ons, it's probably the only truck I'd drive. they sound great too

·
Registered
967 Posts
a lightning is the shizle and it will be back dont worry but probly not till 08

yes the lightning should beat the mach 1

the mach 1 isnt a very fast stang its basicly a GT with a nice name

the 1967 GT 500 was the fastes produstion stang other than the Cobra Rs and the 03-03 cobra.

the lightning has a sc 5.4

now the new GT is a 4.6 but its still a very respectable car with 300 horses. Stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well the difference between the Mach1 and the GT is Mach1's have a DOHC 4.6 (same as all cobras except 93-95, they had 5.0's, and the 03-04 has the same motor but sc) and GT's have a SOHC 4.6, 305hp Mach1, 265 GT.

If u can drive, a stock Mach1 is good for low 13's, which aint too bad for a stock car.

And im not a huge Mopar fan, even though i work for them for a living, but the SRT10 will walk away and hide from a Lightning.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
BUBBASR. said:

so yea in the heat of the moment I claim all were slow. What kinda times does the old cobra do there dooms?

Best was my father running a 12.7 @ 113mph, I can only get low 13's (He is a much better driver then I). That is with a changed exaust after headers, a K&N FIPK, and a computer tune (with the spare and jack in the trunk). I was told it should be around 390-400RWHP with what was done, which should be around 450 at the crank. However, I am getting some more toys for it for Christmas. My goal is 500RWHP, which should be enough to be faster then or as fast as my uncles Viper at 500 crank hp.

·
Registered
967 Posts
actually in a race the SRT-10 dosnet walk away from the lightning at all

look at the times and they are almost identical and i believe the lightning is quiker 0-60

for the money you buy the dodge with you can do sooo much to the ford

the lightning is still the better truck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts