Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are so many options for barrels, and I'm at a lost be best choices. I just want accuracy for my 98 custom and not a ton of length. I like compact size. So I'm assuming since autococker guns are quality, these expensive barrels are too. So would getting an adapter for a barrel be worth it? I'm looking at this on ebay:
Paintball barrel Adaptor _ Autococker to Tippmann 98 - eBay (item 130351749101 end time Mar-28-10 18:30:05 PDT)

Also, if you have any other suggestions feel free. I've looked at a few CJ barrels and JJ.

Thanks

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
If you are going to get a different marker in the future, than getting a cocker threaded barrel and the adaptor for your 98c would be a good idea
If you aren't going to upgrade your marker in the near future, than don't spend the extra cash on the adaptor

All barrels are the same, a piece of pipe that helps guide the paintball to where you want it to go
The different threads that the barrels come in have nothing to do with performance

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep hearing this, but how can someone charge $100 for a barrel and someone charge $30 if there really is not a lot of difference.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Name brand and the willingness of people to buy the expensive barrels
It's a piece of pipe, how much different can they get from eachother?

The expensive barrels are usually barrel kits too, so you get a multitude of bore sizes, letting you match your paint properly

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I look in the barrel of my 98 and clearly it's very smooth, but you look inside the barrel of an actual gun, there is a noticeable threading to put a rotation on the bullet for accuracy. I'm not talking about threads to screw something in rather threads that would put a rotation on the ball to make rotation for accuracy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts