Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my friend bought a brand new autococker. I'm sorry but I can't remember for the life of me what exact model. It's blue, has a shroud, it's mechanical and cost him abut $100. Whenever he is shooting it either:

Doesn't cock back all the way or
Pinches a ball and basically gets stuck

Any idea what the problem could be? He has been trying to figure it out for a while.

Thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I had no idea about the timing thing. I sent the link in the sticky to my friend. Thanks a bunch

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
It kinda sounds like short stroking to me also. Timing is a possibility also, but it is probably short stroking.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Yep. Question, does it always do it, or only when shooting semi fast?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. Question, does it always do it, or only when shooting semi fast?
It almost seems random. Although I can say some of the fault may be short stroking because another person was shooting it a lot better than the owner of the cocker.

The owner let him borrow it for a game, but he eventually had an issue with it as well (mid game, lol). I have seen it being shot very slowly and precisely and getting stuck though too. So it's not all short stroking.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
easy fix

sounds like the bolt is coming all the way back. To check this, take your hopper off and cock the back block. Look down the feed tube, do you see the bolt?

Ideally you want to see barely any of the bolt if any at all.

So if you see plenty of the bolt what you want to do is adjust the cocking rod. Turn the cocking knob counter clockwise to loosen the knob, you may have to hold the rod itself to adjust the knob. Make sure you can cock the bolt back because if it's too loose it won't recock after firing. Now take your allen wrench and readjust the allen inside of the cocking knob to make it tool tight. Now try taking a few shots to double check your efforts.

Because of the bolt being pulled back farther the ball will fall easier into the main tube. Just make sure the ball goes all the way down and your not short stroking your shots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts