Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the n00bness, but Ive got a BE Avenger II that I only use for woods play and recball. Most of the guys I play with use Spyders, and I can hold my own against them. Ive only been playing for 2 months, and this is my first marker, so I dont want to shell out $$$ for a new one yet.

Problem is, when I fire, the CO2 tank and barrel have been getting VERY cold. If I fire more than 4 bps, I literally have snowflakes coming out of my barrel. Im about to move to a ski course and get a job as a snow machine.

I have not upgraded or customized this marker in any way. Whats the problem here? Do I need a CO2 anti-syphon or expansion kit? If so, please give me some links to places online where I can buy them. Also, I really need a drop forward for this craptastic gun, can anyone direct me to one of those too? Many thanks.

·
Retired, proud dad
702 Posts
The problem is that the Avenger does not have an expansion chamber, so liquid CO2 is getting up through the gun, freezing everything, then coming out of it. An antisiphon will help, as an expansion chamber. Personally i would go with an expansion chamber, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
First, liquid co2 will never harm your gun. If the "snow" and cold barrel are no big deal, then the anti-siphon is a waste of money.

Here is a picture of my blowback with the barrel TOTALLY FROZEN OVER:

Still worked absolutely perfect.

The issue with your gun is the TANK ANGLE. Your tank is probobly parrallel to the barrel of your gun. This means that the liquid is entering your gun, and flashing when fired.

To fix that, buy a $5 adapter at your local paintball field so your tank will sit at more of an angle. that will keep the liquid at the bottom of your tank, instead of in your gun.

nick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts