Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Backyard modded customs

1K views 19 replies 3 participants last post by  Trbo323 
#1 ·
I've got a Brass Eagle Stingray 2 (bottom) and a JT Outkast (top). Stingray got a paint job, but the JT has an SKS folding stock, trigger and gas port relocation, and custom paint job and shroud.
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Line

See less See more
#6 ·
Granted there are a lot of mods available for Tippmann, mostly off the shelf... But I like custom mods. Rifle stocks. Function mods. Stuff to fit it better to my use case. If I had a 3d printer I'd even consider getting into that. I guess there's a little nostalgia in it, too. My first gun was a Brass Eagle T-storm. Pretty much the exact same thing as the Outkast above. But finally my first pump gun... A tiger shark. We'll see how the modding goes, but I'm counting on a sniper.

#7 ·
Granted there are a lot of mods available for Tippmann, mostly off the shelf... .
That's bolt on parts not mods, I'm talking non standard stuff

This is my autococker for instance. A lot of the parts were never intended to work together

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Trbo323, that is absolutely gorgeous. I'm more the guy, though, that prefers the simplest internals possible. And you're right, I should've made the distinction between bolt ons and mods. I'm cheap. And stupid. I would seriously strip out a Nerf gun and put a marker inside.

#9 ·
That's usually harder than people realize mainly because the only markers that will really fit inside a nerf frame are more expensive

Some of the best ones are automags but even a cheap mag will run you $150 these days. Get a decent sized nerf to go with and you are a already over $200 before you get anything like air fittings

The real kicker though is that it doesn't really matter after the ref yells go what the marker looks like the only real payoff is in the pits

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

#13 ·
You have customized to your liking. The Stingray has received a paint job, while the JT Outkast has undergone more significant modifications, such as an SKS folding stock, trigger and gas port relocation, as well as a custom paint job and shroud. These modifications can greatly improve the performance and appearance of the marker. It sounds like you are a fan of customization and enjoy personalizing your gear. It's great to see people who take the time to improve and modify their paintball markers to their preferences and enjoy the game even more.

#19 ·
Do it!

If you want to go wild there are ways to prevent it from recocking. From there you could potentially open up the possibility of making it a bolt action sniper. Or close to anyway. Off the top of my head I don't see a good way to make the bolt action handle rotate, but pulling it back should be pretty easy. You could drill a bolt handle into the bolt or hammer of the marker and cut a channel for it to run in

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.