Friend was driving.....fast

cop pulled onto the freeway

lights

friend will be losing his license for a year most likely

bad night :(

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah, hes definatly not getting out of any ticket....But I guess theres hope of getting it below 100....not much though because when the cop pulled up behind us we were just slowing down to the 100ish area.

·
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, but if he had to go in excess of 100 MPH to catch up to us then I believe that is just as good as a radar gun reading. Oh well, I guess we can hope. It just blows ass becuase nothing happens to me and so much happens to him, yet i was 2 feet away from the wheel.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
so they dont have a clocked speed on your friend.

In many states they don't have too, as the radar gun is considered a secondary tool to help the officer. If a cop is certified he will be able to tell your speed within 10mph without the gun (the same way they did it before radar). Remember that if you ever go flying by a cop, even if your radar detector isn't going off. ;)

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
see here if you are caught doing double the speed limit you can get charged with attemted vehicular homicide i dont know what the laws are like out there but just be glad they didnt clock you at 135

edit - just saw dooms post i didnt know that thats good to know

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
nissantunerdude said:

Yea, most people don't know that. It is good to check up on your laws. Some states the cop has to show you your speed on the gun if asked or else he cant charge you, others he doesn't even need to have a r-gun in his car to get ya.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
nissantunerdude said:
see here if you are caught doing double the speed limit you can get charged with attemted vehicular homicide i dont know what the laws are like out there but just be glad they didnt clock you at 135

yea my friend was going 42 in a 25 and the cop said if he was doing 8 more MPH which would have doubled the speed limit, its a felony

·
Registered
882 Posts
Around here, the cops are too retarded to figure out what speed your going if they look at you. They all use radar detectors. Trust me on that,...I have talked to a few staties, and thats all they use. And one day there was a cop in the grass on the main road clocking everyone going by with a radar gun.

Around here, a radar detector is a huge help....

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
wisconsins kind of nice.. i believe here if they dont lock in your speed and you ask for it you're home free.... that sucks though... i'd die if i ever got into trouble like that... i cant afford to get a ticket with the next car i want being something thats gonna kill me already on insurance....

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Thats the reason why (I hope I think this way later in life) If I ever want to go fast I'll go to a legal course and do it. I'd rather pay like $20 to do that for a day then get a felony and lose my liscense.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts