Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered BAMF
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you do it? im pretty new to electro pneumatic markers and i know mostly everything on my gun except for this.. i could really use some help.

·
Registered BAMF
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
promaster, ebay valve, cp reg, shocktech supler fly bolt, those are just the ups that have to do with air

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
ah ok.
set the regulators to 0ish. air it up, set the hpr to around 230psi. then turnt he LPR in till teh bolt cocks and you hear a leak, back it out till the leak stops, yet the bolt stays cocked.

Now the fun begins, At this point it should be shooting, but no marker is the same so everyone has a different setting. An air effecient setup is a high HPR pressure and low dwell. A low kick setup is the opposite.

·
Registered BAMF
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so if i were to chrono and the velocity is too high and i turn down the hpr do i need to adjust my lpr at all?

·
Registered BAMF
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how do you decided what pressure to adjust the hpr to? i mean before you adjust the lpr, like how did you get 230psi

·
Registered BAMF
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i know how to adjust it.. but it is?? i didn;t see that part ima have to read the manual over again. thanks for all your help!!

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
most of them have an allen key screw on the side/bottom of it that you turn to adjust it. Some screw in to raise teh pressure, some screw out to raise teh pressure.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
ah ok.
set the regulators to 0ish. air it up, set the hpr to around 230psi. then turnt he LPR in till teh bolt cocks and you hear a leak, back it out till the leak stops, yet the bolt stays cocked.

Now the fun begins, At this point it should be shooting, but no marker is the same so everyone has a different setting. An air effecient setup is a high HPR pressure and low dwell. A low kick setup is the opposite.
I remember when I used to do that with my defiant. You get less kick if you put the LPR a quarter turn past where it fully cocks and adjust the HPR for velocity. If you have to adjust the HPR too high then you up the dwell by 2 ms until you get the HPR in a good range.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
yeah it's a real pain to get it effecient and part of the reason why peopel think ICD sucks. I personalyl like to tinker so it's not sucha big deal to me. especialyl when i can dial it in to whatever I want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts