Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay heres the problem, i cleaned the gun, replaced ALL of the O-rings, and am at 280FPS, using midgrade paint. My question is why the hell am I only getting about 40 balls through before chopping? I've never had a problem with chopping before now.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Do the chops seem to be happening in the barrel or around the bolt area?

If it's in the bolt area it could be that you're outshooting your hopper.

If it's coming from the barrel make sure it's smooth inside and use higher quality paint or smaller bore paint.

When I shot brass eagle paintballs(forget the actual name) some were decent while others were too big for my barrel so I'd have one get stuck and another shoot through it(I was shooting in my yard trying to get rid of the damn things so it didn't really matter though).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in the bolt, i'm only shooting at 11bps and thats fast enough for my 9 volt revvy

·
Registered
204 Posts
for shooting 11bps u dont need to throw out $100 on a halo b, i would say get an egg for half the price or get an empire reloader (feeds about 14 so i would say egg)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The revvy and empire reloader are the same hopper except the the empire goes off sound. Neither will feed faster due to the fact they aren't force fed and depend on gravity to feed.

And what's going to be better in the long run rywynn? Getting the best hopper now that you'll never outshoot or get an egg and anything over 14 bps you're screwed on and then end up getting the halo anyway?

Get the best now, and know you'll never have to worry about speed. And you'll save money in the long run.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay here's an update, i bought an ION and Halo B w/ripdrive(not necessary yet but i plan for the future) anyways even with the halo i was still chopping so i'm just gonna sell the gun.

i was shooting white box recsport but i've never had a problem like that before

ION>my old spider

1 - 16 of 16 Posts