german hip hop

not really

its rock/punk or something

a cross between Billy Talent and The Used

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
"chained" sounds better than "the chained"

but really, make your name mean something. youre a christian kid from what i know, and the name chained would imply that youre stuck here in this jizz of a place called earth and and life sucks.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i came up with the jumping pickles
my friend thought of the chained and he is very not christian

haBlich stop following me around going against everything i say because i asked you to stop cussing

and i dont think crushed by gravity would work

D

·
0 Posts
haha^ good one

hmm think of something that means something.. and dont use 'the'. dont go with a quirky try to be silly name either,, hate though..

haha anti-gc.. like that one,,. god i hate them.. errr

if its actaully punk music.. make it something political..

·
Banned
546 Posts
It seems as though I have one suggestion for every 'help us rename this" thread.... Drain Bamaged. Sure, sure, sure, it is a rip on David Grohl's old band, but they are not around anymore. Plus, the name is awesome. Heh.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
blackeagle13 said:
Ok my band needs a name and all we could come up with -

The Chained
The jumping pickles
The socks

so obviously we need some help so does anybody know any good names
better yet 'jumping pickle socks'.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
jumping CHAINED pickle socks! :D

no "The" names, and no misspellings. Bie uh lituhl moar origenel thann misssssspeling wurds and caling itt aye bannd naym.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
No Other or Batteries Not Included
:)
Dont be taking those names, those are the names me and my friends are considering for our band, after i get a bass guitar too, we got 2 guitarist, 1 drummer, and then ima get bass.
hey, whats ur AIM or email, i might wanna talk to u about bass and stuff :)

EDIT- DROPKICK MURPHYS OWN

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think we are gonna use puzumas suggestion

we just wanna get good so we can crowd surf

·
Banned
546 Posts
<rant>

What do you guys mean "no bands starting with 'the'"? Why not? Do you guys realize a lot of the leading ORIGINAL punk bands used the word 'the'? (i.e. THE Ramones, THE Clash, THE Sex Pistols, etc., etc.) Plus, look at some the greatest bands ever that use 'the': THE Rolling Stones and THE Beatles. I see no reason why you couldn't use 'the' as long as it is in a good name.

How isn't 'Drain Bamaged' an original title. I know it has been used before, once that I know of, but that band wasn't big. Have any of y'all ever heard of anything/anyone called 'Drain Bamaged'? If not, then I would think that would constitute it as an original idea...

Now, if you guys don't want to use the word 'the' in your band name because it is 'main stream' or 'too popular', so is what you are doing, sadly. Millions of preppy/otherwise non punk kids who heard a single punk album or heard about it on MTV decided to have their mommys and daddys buy them their own guitars and drums. The so called "underground garage band" is no longer. It is really a shame. Most of this so called punk music of today is a disgrace to the originators and it's followers. Sum 41, Good Charolette, and many others ARE NOT PUNK bands! It really aggrevates me when they call their music 'punk'.

</rant>

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
its just its always been you have to put the there. alot of great bands are leaving it out...name it what you want and what reps your band. placing the in the name was used by mainly colored groups in the 40+ they started with the different groups. and then adapted to so and so and the blank. then it was just the blank. it doesn't need to be there. very few bands to day are placing it. one recent is the googoo dolls...right now of course I can't think of any others. if your gonna go back to that make it cool. be like blackeagle (your real name or that of the lead) and the jumping pickles do something on purpose not mistake...

get my idea...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts