Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea i got 2 questions really lol, first off i have a spyder and i was wondering if i should get an 18 inch barrel for it? like im new to the sport, so i was just wondering, like bigger the barrel the better? or is there down falls to longer ones

also i was wondering how to get sponserd *not that im good, just curious*
but yea how do u get sponserd, and do the ppl that sponser u send u free stuff, like paint and guns and stuff? cuz im a skater, and when u get sponserd by a skate company they send u free **** but yea, thx for anyone who answers this lol

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
globeskater9 said:
yea i got 2 questions really lol, first off i have a spyder and i was wondering if i should get an 18 inch barrel for it? like im new to the sport, so i was just wondering, like bigger the barrel the better? or is there down falls to longer ones

no dont get an 18
too long of a barrel just causes the ball 2 slow down
stick with a 12-14-16

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PaintballRemix said:
Don't worry about getting sponsored until you're good enough.
i didnt say i was worried about getting sponserd im just a curious person, and no matter what sport i ask about sponser ship thats all anyone says is "dont worry about" or "just play the sport and if ur good u will get sponsord" im not trying to get sponsord i just wanna kno about it

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
16 inch is pretty much the longest that still has a point. Yes 18 inch barrels will be accurate...but not any better than 16 inch barrels.

Like said before, don't worry about getting sponsored for a while. Nobody (at least around here) would sponsor anybody that hasn't played in a couple tournaments and done well. Just practice and play a lot, enter tournaments next year, and then you might get some sponsorships. I started playing this time last year, just played a lot before winter and some during the winter, this summer played in 3 tournaments with 2 different teams, did well and got 2 sponsorships...nothin too big though, just a pro-shop and a restraunt (sp?).

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
longer than 16 in will just reduce efficiency and the balls won't shoot as fast....and u would stab your opponent from the other side of the field with it.....as for sponsorships, get on a team and play some tournys and try to get local shops to sponsor you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts