Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a CT Scan in like....10 hours or something. Anyways, they prescribed me this **** called "Barium contrast" or something like that, and I had to drink it. It says "Mix 15mL of Barium Contrast with 15oz of any drink of your choice (no carbonated drinks)." I'm like ok, won't be that bad. So I nab some gatorade, pour 15oz's and put in the 15mL of barium. HOLY ****. That is the most vile thing I've ever put in my mouth. And I still ahve to do another 15ml i 15oz tomorrow morning, and then get an IV of the ****.

·
HRD
2,925 Posts
I feel your pain that stuff is horrible no matter what you put it with

just a tip though- I only ever had it with juice and fruit flavored stuff but Ive heard that non fruit drinks arent as bad as say Gateorade

just what Ive been told though may be a lie

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's radioactive ions. Lets the machine "read" you more easily.

My grandfather had to take the stuff too, judging by what he said it must have tasted pretty bad.

·
Registered
364 Posts
lol, yeah kinda freaky isn't it? I don't think it will hurt you, as long as you aren't chugging the stuff daily for weeks on end....

·
Registered
421 Posts
damn dude... when i did that they didnt tell me I could mix it with anything! They just handed me like this bottle of whitish yellowish CRAP! I kept almost throwing up. and taking like 1/4 of a sip at a time. You want to chug it but after the 2nd chug its comin back up!

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
countryaccent said:
damn dude... when i did that they didnt tell me I could mix it with anything! They just handed me like this bottle of whitish yellowish CRAP! I kept almost throwing up. and taking like 1/4 of a sip at a time. You want to chug it but after the 2nd chug its comin back up!
I tried chugging it even mixed with **** and it was horrible. BLEH. Then, when I got to the hospital to get my **** done, they handed me yet another glass of it!!!! This time though they mixed it with grape kool-aid and I couldn't taste a damn ounce of the barium.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts