Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone... I'm a new member to the community and a new player as well.

I am posting here because I am having an issue, and I want to see through others experience, how these 2 issues can get resolved.

1. My barrel [not the screwed in one] is stuck to the main peice of the gun... I'm having difficulties removing. My brother didn't place any lube on it when putting it together and it is now stuck. How can I go about taking this off? ;/

2. A screw that keeps the grip attached is also stuck and I do not want to strip it. Any suggestions to take it off?

I'm not sure if this was the right forum to post in, but if a mod feels that it must be moved... be my guest. ;]

I hope to hear some answers soon and thank you in advance. Best wishes! ;]

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
there's a few way to get that stubborn barrel off. The best way is with a strap wrench. The next best way is with a vice. put some cloth around it so it wont' scratch the barrel, tighten it on the barrel and twist. if you have neither of those do the same with channel lock pliers.

For the stripped screw, you can glue an allen key in the hole and let it sit overnight. then, when it's dry it should be enough to twist it out. or you can cut a slot in the screw head and use a flat screwdriver to screw it out.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
What marker are you using? If it is something like an autococker or another gun that has something directly under the barrel, keeping you from taking it off look at the paragraph below. If not, it may still help.

For the barrel, what martix suggested is is always the second thing I try. If you are using a two piece barrel, screw the front piece back in while holding the back piece. Now screw the front in as much as possible. Doing that should make the second piece come off of the marker.

For the screw, it depends what is wrong with it. Is it stripped? Or just very hard to get loose? If it is stripped go with martix. If it is just hard to get out, use the allen key and a a pair of channel locks or something similar to turn the allen key.

We make a good duo martix. thumup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, got the screw out. I gave it some rest and used another screw driver in the morning... Came out easy lol... Made me feed a bit wussy.

The barrel, still stuck... I tried the option of screwing back the front peice... Going to try the wrench one next... My hands are killing me as it is. ;/

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It might be cross threaded, my friend has a cross threaded UL barrel and the two pieces are basically pressed now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, some insight on the gun... It's a Shocker with an All American barrel.

Was just thinking, if the front part is screw on, is the back part screw on too? Cause I've been trying every which way to twist and possibly making it tighter? lol... That would suck.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts

Did you try putting the marker between your legs, and using both hands to twist?

Or find two really stout people and let them give it a try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got the barrel off! Went to home depot... Got some Liquid Wrench Penetrating Oil... Let it sit a bit and worked on it with a wrench.

Thanks for the help. ;]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts