Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what would be a good barrel to buy for a 98 custom for great accuracy but not a flatline barrel and for $50-$80 tops. :shrug:

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a Lapco Bigshot 12inch barrel on my 98c and it is teh sessy; and I have never heard anyone compain about it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah the Tear Drops are pretty good, bot the Progressive barrel is about the same thing except for the porting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would go for a J&J ceramic or a Smart Parts Progressive. Both are great, and chances are if you play enough you'll end up with more than one barrel anyway. I just pick up a Stifi CF barrel but haven’t gotten a chance to play with it yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was wonderin the same thing...would an evil driver or PMI razzor be good? the stock barrel on my dads tippy is equivalent to pure, unrefined horse s***

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would go with the lapco bigshot, I have a boomstick, shot the freaks. wouldn't trade my big shot for anything. just do a search for barrel test, comparisons and reviews.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
I think someone at tippmann fell asleep at the wheel when they made their stock barrel for the 98c. Ive heard a lot of good things about the J&J ceramic, in fact, thats going to be my next barrel. And whats wrong with the flatline? I like mine just fine! Then again, i couldnt justify 120 bucks on it, glad I got mine at a closeout sale thumup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts