Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a 14'' 32 Degree Whisper barrel for my Spyder Rodeo, but I'm not happy with the results it has given me thus far. I'm planning on getting a new barrel and I'm stuck between a J & J Ceramic, a DYE Boomstick, or any other barrel of high recomendation. Please help me with my choices! Thanks...

·
Registered
591 Posts
I use an Evil Driver on my spyder it works great.

I have heard very good things about the broomstick
not sure about the j&j

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,772 Posts
Boomstick is a better barrel then the J&J, however it booms your wallet something fierce as well as it is nearly $100. The J&J retails about $35 or less (you can usually find it used for $25 bucks or so -- check the B/S/T). I use the J&J on my Rodeo and really like it.

Other good spyder barrels are the CP one-piece, and SP teardrop. Both of those are also cheaper then the Boomstick.

I am suprised that your whisper barrel is not to your satisfaction. I have heard that they are actually fairly good barrels. What is it that you don't particularly like about it?

·
Registered
159 Posts
get a smart parts progressive
i've got one for my spyder electra and i love it. it works great

·
Registered
591 Posts
pntball4life said:
get a smart parts progressive
i've got one for my spyder electra and i love it. it works great
Progressives are good but I know for a fact that Drivers are better. However they cost more.

·
Registered
159 Posts
eh............

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
boomstick is heavier though

id say go with a CP 1 piece, best barrel for the money hands down

·
not really named bob...
2,368 Posts
save up an extra $30 and buy an empire 7-piece...or just get the J&J ceramic edge right now.

however, if your gonna upgrade to a new gun soon(with different threads) then get the ceramic.

i dont see how you can be disapointed in the whisper...sure its not great but you arent gonna see much difference between that and any other low end barrel.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts