Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was just wondering what are the differences between the SP freak jr. kit and the regular freak kit. thanks

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
I believe the junior has only 3 backs. Don't get a freak, though. They're bad barrels, the backs aren't sized well and you're supporting a company with really bad ethics.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
The point is it has less backs than the full kit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i could be wrong but i thought the freak jr has 4 backs while the freak has 8, i just got a dw fibur barrel with a freak kit, love it
Jrs. come with 3 backs, i thought the freak jr. was just a crapper version of the freak, is it really necciserry to have 8 inserts though? are the other 5 worth buyin?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
The point is it has less backs than the full kit.
and the freak Jr's tip/back suck balls and you can only get them in one color to my knowledge.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
yes it's worth it to have those 8 inserts that way you can find the perfect fit, not all balls are made the same, mine just happen to bigger than others

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and the freak Jr's tip/back suck balls and you can only get them in one color to my knowledge.
I though the freaks tip/back were the same, you can get them in the kit in ether black or aliminum, you can buy seperate tips like red.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You can buy separate but it will cost you way more money in the long run. and unless they have changed it up the Jr's back is different s well as the front.

·
Let's hug it out
4,506 Posts
well...back in the day when i played paintball, the freak jr had a progressive barrel type front like the all american, while the freak had a tear drop barrel front. Both essentially the same

progressive
teardrop
Freak
all american

edit- after doing another image search, came up with this
freak jr tip is different from the rest

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
yes it's worth it to have those 8 inserts that way you can find the perfect fit, not all balls are made the same, mine just happen to bigger than others
Unfortunately for the consumer, not all the backs are made the same. Its not uncommon for a back labeled .689 to actually be larger than the next one up (a .692 I believe). This has been a problem since the freak came out.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
would it be worth it to get the regular freak tip or the all-american tip? will this help my accuratcy at all?

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
There is so much more involved with accuracy. The tips will help out a little(better porting on some causing the extra air to be vented better which equals better accuracy) but I'd just stay with the stock tip, or just buy a DW fibur barrel and not worry about tips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts