Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Beginner
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

So I have a spyder victor and it has a 9 and 1/2 inch barrel. Is this a good size or do you think I should upgrade to a bigger one. What are the pros of having a bigger barrel. (I'm a beginner).
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,001 Posts
There really isnt a whole lot of a difference, barrel length is 99% personal preference. Typically you want to stay between 12 and 16 inches. if you go from your 9.5 to a 12 you will see a efficiency increase (slight, dont expect much), between 12 and 16 you really wont see a difference and after 16 you will typically see it start going back down. Between 12 and 16 here are the major points, 12s are easier to move around the corners and snap shoot with, 16s will be able to poke through bushes a little more or push down bunkers a little better. Personally I use almost exclusively 14s and get a little bit of everything in there
 

·
Beginner
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the detailed information. It was a lot of help. I'll have to play a bit with my 9.5 and see how accurate it is. I'll definitely put a 12 inch on my wishlist if I need some more accuracy.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,001 Posts
length has nothing to do with accuracy,

about 95% of accuracy is the quality of the paint you are using and the other 5% is the paint to barrel match. You can get barrels with different bore sizes and the closer to the paint you can get, typically the better accuracy you will have (again, dont expect much, the quality of the paint makes a world of difference whereas the paint to bore will only make a minor one)

friend of mine had a 6" barrel and a 28" barrel, they were the same bore size and he got the same accuracy out of each, efficiency changed but not accuracy
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top