Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Well hell yeah it's Tomba
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone watched this show/auction. Its a car auction that is on for 40 hrs live. It takes place in Scottsdale Arizona.

I love watching it every year. Its on the speed channel(on right now.) I love doing the fantasy bidding, i dont know much about cars but its still fun.

I want to go there sometime so badly. I love auctions and I just think this one is really neat.

Anyone watch it?

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I'm watching it now. I would watch the whole thing, but my roommate isn't much of a car guy so it drives him nuts.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Oh crap, thanks for reminding me.

My dad went to it last year. He said it was pretty cool, but it sucked if your not a bidder. You had to see in the bleachers in the far back. He said for the most part he just walked around, unfortunately he forgot to bring his digi camera.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Wow, lots of great buys this year. Von Dutch's bus for only $40,000; 454 Chevelles for less than 75,000......then there is some that make me scratch my head. $285,000 for a De Soto? Yikes.

I can't wait to see what that Super Snake goes for, Shelbys have been real hot so far.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
I've been watching it with my dad, everytime he sees it, he starts talking about how he's going to finish restoring the cars we have (70 something El Camino, 82 Transam). He's normally just talking dreams, but today he showed me where he as about 6 k stored in his room, in 20 dollar bills :shrug:, so he may be serious about it this time.

random thread hijack: I really hope he does it, because my dad doesn't have very many friends and doesn't do much in his spare time, so this will give him something to do, an opportunity to meet new people, etc.

·
Well hell yeah it's Tomba
3,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Dooms there have been some amazing deals. Also the Shelbys have been real real hot this year. I think its kind of cool seeing the double cars thing. They auction to cars together.

Do you do the fantasy bids. I do them everyone ones in awhile. Im always horribly off but its still fun.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Do you do the fantasy bids. I do them everyone ones in awhile. Im always horribly off but its still fun.
Yea, I've been doing it on and off. I've been pretty close with most of them. One went for $65,000 and I guessed it spot on, but I wasn't fast enough.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Wow, that Hummer just went for 1 million + a $250,000 donation. I never would have seen that one coming. :yikes

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
there was a 56 chevvy bel air that went for 3 million last year on it, I ove the show and watch it every time it comes on with my dad.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
I bid $600,000 on that 1955 KURTIS 500 SX ROADSTER, lets see how I do.:)

I really want to see what that '07 GT #001 and Super Snake go for.:yum

$775,000 for the Kurtis. My bid wasn't too bad considering I didn't have any previous numbers to go with.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
hey did you see the 52 allard k2 roadster i think it will go for alot
Here is a neat little fact for you about Allards. Both Carrol Shelby and Steve McQueen owned Allard K2's. Shelby raced his in 1953, before that he raced was an MG TC (which was his start in racing).

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Well, the Shelby GT (#1 and #2 together) went for $600,000 and the Super Snake went for $5,000,000. Boy do I wish I owned those cars.:(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts