Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone play basketball on this forum? Like not just for fun, on an actual team in organized basketball.

I'm just curious to see who plays.

Also, if you are on a school basketball team, or do a workout schedule for basketball, let me know what you do. I've started working out daily and need a routine to go by other than winging it every day.

EDIT: Actually..everyone that plays basketball post in here. <3

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
A lot of my friends do, I just didn't have the time/wasn't good enough.

I think I'm going to get a membership to the Y so I can start playing for fun again, cause my hoop is broken.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A lot of my friends do, I just didn't have the time/wasn't good enough.

I think I'm going to get a membership to the Y so I can start playing for fun again, cause my hoop is broken.
Yeah, I recently started playing at my church. It's interesting because the goals are the movable ones with the pole...so needless to say...that pole injures a few people. We need some new goals, and my neighborhood doesn't allow them. I played up at a Gold's Gym recently as well, then went and chilled in a pool/spa, pretty sweet. Everyone up at the gym was horrible, so I pretty much had a field day.

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
PSYKOTIC ryno: yay for starting a basketball thread
Mavsy: who started a basketball thread!?
PSYKOTIC ryno: some cool dude

you big gay thumup:

I play... leisurley, but I have permission to post in this thread. Hopefully i'll play for Limedot one day... If I grow old enough.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I don't play but I go to every one of our school's games. Were like 14 or 15 and 1 right now. We lost to some team from Chicago.

I got into the paper last week. "All I remember is Adam Twenhafel (me) yelling at me to dunk it and I got a steal and took it down and dunked it." Thats what our star player said. It made me laugh.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Our school was scheduled to play on ESPN, but Nike dropped their sponsorship so ESPN didn't come.

We have this sophmore who is amazing, he's #10 in the nation for his class, and weent to ABCD (that or the Adidas one) this past summer.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
I started play again at some church my friend goes to. I want to play for my school again next season.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i stopped because my knees started hurting so i quit right before the freshmen season
Yeah...my right knee is starting to bother me a little, but I'm working on making it stronger, so hopefully that will work. A good friend of mine that played college ball for a while messed up his knee pretty badly and isn't able to play anymore because of it. And I definitely don't want that to happen.

I started play again at some church my friend goes to. I want to play for my school again next season.
True that. Why'd you quit your school's team?

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Yeah...my right knee is starting to bother me a little, but I'm working on making it stronger, so hopefully that will work. A good friend of mine that played college ball for a while messed up his knee pretty badly and isn't able to play anymore because of it. And I definitely don't want that to happen.

True that. Why'd you quit your school's team?
I quit in 6th grade.. I had sore feet for like 3 months and had no rides back and forth to practice and whatnot.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I would play on my high school's varsity team if we didnt have 3000 kids in our school. We are like Division 1 in every sport and have the most amazing kids ever.(Our quarterback for football, who is a junior is being scouted by ND and one of our basketball players is being scouted by Michigan State) So if I went to a normal school I would be dominant but our team is too good right now.

Our team is 7-3, but our three losses are to the number 8 and 11 teams. We also lost to Detroit country day(joe dumars son is on the team). I can't compete with that, we play detroit teams.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i did play this year but our season is over (8th grade girls season is short) well any way here is our routine.
stretch(you play paintball you should know how to do this) run 10 laps walk 2,
6 layups from each side, 5 foul shouts, 3 elbow shots from each side, water break, basic ball handling like crossovers, between the legs, behind the back, exc. then we move on to our game-plan and plays which if you want to know pm me.

·
Registered
814 Posts
When I did B-ball conditioning it was pretty rough. We would do conditioning 3 days and weights 2 days. Conditioning involved running around 2 miles at a really fast pace, you have to push yourself. Sprints too. Width of the court like 10 times, If you didnt do it fast enough, everyone does it again.

Supermans. Start at the baseline, go to the free point and back, then the three point line back, then half court back, then opposite 3 point back, opposite freethrow back, and then baseline to baseline. Also tons of leg lifts. If the coach saw you cheating in any way you would start over.

Also quite a few agility drills, like ladders and stuff. Weight days we would just workout.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Supermans. Start at the baseline, go to the free point and back, then the three point line back, then half court back, then opposite 3 point back, opposite freethrow back, and then baseline to baseline. Also tons of leg lifts. If the coach saw you cheating in any way you would start over.

Also quite a few agility drills, like ladders and stuff. Weight days we would just workout.
Yeah, we had those, except they were called suicides instead of
Supermans. Superman drills were the same as in paintball. The coach would throw the ball, and we'd have to dive head first for them...ugh, that sucked. Then, for punishment we had to do the thing that the Globetrotters did where they bounced the ball off of the back board and kept on doing it, except we'd do it on both goals, and have to keep a continuous line going to keep both going. That probably doesn't make sense.

We had to do the width of the court thing. Once down and back was 1. We had to do 8 then 6 then 4 then 2. Twice. If you didn't do it in time...you started over. And this was back in the day of no AC in our gym, and in 100* summer weather. Ugh..summer conditioning sucked.

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
i might try out for the school team next year gotta work on my threes i can kill most anything in the 2 range though i can almost dunk. I go to all the home games we have we got some beasty players on our team. One guy from our team almost got in a fight Tuesday night at the game. Guy grabbed him so our dude dunked and landed on top of hima dn start talkin ****.. the other guy ended up gettin 2 shots for cephus gettin mouthy

·
Registered
814 Posts
I may try out next year as well. I need to work on my handling mostly. I have a deadly jumpshot, anywhere on the court. But I have trouble with driving the ball. I can't finish as often as I would like.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i might try out for the school team next year gotta work on my threes i can kill most anything in the 2 range though i can almost dunk. I go to all the home games we have we got some beasty players on our team. One guy from our team almost got in a fight Tuesday night at the game. Guy grabbed him so our dude dunked and landed on top of hima dn start talkin ****.. the other guy ended up gettin 2 shots for cephus gettin mouthy
Get conditioned too...because once you start basketball...you run...sooooooooooo much...it's crazy.

I love playing against people like that on the court. They think they're God of basketball...but once you start getting in their head, it's all over. Pretty much everyone that was on my high school basketball team was like that. I couldn't stand any of them.

How close can you come to dunking?

Stickman- How tall are you?

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and still growing. Small build though. I will play point gaurd on the team. I only weigh like 135ish.

My handles aren't bad, but compared to other point gaurds they are. I have decent handles compared to the handling skills of small forwards. My defense is above par as well. I have freakishly long arms so that really helps. I just need to start playing with the varsity guys now. Once I get more experience with them I will be fine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts