Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone here plays the bass can you answer my question? i want to buy a Fender Jazz Bass on ebay. the japanese ones are around 200-300$ which is really cheap, and so are the mexican ones. but the american made ones are like 400-500$. is there a reason? i read reviews about the japanese ones and they supposedly are unbelievably sturdy.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Well, I would pay the extra and go with the American Made one. The bassist in the band I play in has a Fender Jazz bass, much better than his crappy yamaha. Tone on this bass is excelent, build quaility, fit and finish are nowhere near subpar. It is a great bass for the price, I'm sure you would be very happy with it. Although I cannot comment on the japanese or mexican made ones, I would still go with the one made in America, although I though most Fenders were made in America.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, i wanna teach myself cause everyone i know who plays says it easy to learn it yourself. i know its a bit expensive for a 1st bass, but i figured: get a good one now, then i wont have to buy an expensive one for a long time. and my friend has one and i REALLY like it. thats why id rather save myself the extra money by just buying a japanese one if its the same.

·
Registered
477 Posts
^^^ Just as he said, go with American. You don't want to go with Mexican guitars, since they're usually not durable (trust me, I'm saying this from experience from 4 different guitars that were imported from Mexico).

jacobeid said:
hmmmm i wish we had a music forum! but anyway I don't know the difference but I have an American one and it rocks.
Do you mean a "musical instrument" forum? Because this IS a music forum....;)

·
pink floyd>you
2,084 Posts
Courtney Taylor said:
^^^ Just as he said, go with American. You don't want to go with Mexican guitars, since they're usually not durable (trust me, I'm saying this from experience from 4 different guitars that were imported from Mexico).

Do you mean a "musical instrument" forum? Because this IS a music forum....;)
no originally when I posted that this thread was in the lounge.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well.. i sold my rat impy to help buy my music man stingray (don't kill me). I personally am not a fender person, but a mexican is the lowest end, a *** is slighty better, and the american is the best (supposedly). If you are just starting.. i wouldn't recommend buying that expensive of a bass. But if you must, and you like it, go for it. As long as you've tried it and you are cool with it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
What kind of music do you want to play?

Anyway, here are a few suggestions of starter basses.

Ibanez GSR200(my first bass)
Pretty much any Peavey in your price range, they play great for the price
Or you could go with one of the fenders you mentioned.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.. that's all i have to say

1 - 14 of 14 Posts