Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a GM Side Post battery and am trying to get a better connection for my 4ga. amp line. Right now the amp wire is just spliced into one of the main power wires going from the stock terminal. (I know this was not very smart but it was just going to be temporary and it works) You can see this from the pic. Now I was thinking I would need one of those side post bolt things which would allow me to use a normal ring terminal from the amp line. But if I use that what would I do with that huge red plastic terminal / post bolt on the stock black power wires?

and is this what i need?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking something along those lines. I would put on that side post adapter and then cut off that big red thing and crimp on normal ring terminals onto the factory lines

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
well, if you just crimped on normal ring terminals, you wouldnt need the adapters, would you? lol, well, i dunno, give those adapters a shot. I think those would just save you alot of trouble in the long run. When you put the terminals back on, make sure the metal surface on the battery is clean. The power doesnt come throught the bolt, it comes through that metal surface. You need to make sure you use a good amount of dieelectric grease, cuz those terminals hold water like mad, and corrosion is iminent. Those new gold plated adapter pieces should help with the corrosion a bit, but still make sure you have something on there...

·
Allen
5,718 Posts
and is this what i need?
[/QUOTE]

yes you need one of those but you dont need the little bolt just the female to male adapter

put a ring terminal on your 4g wire put it on between the batt and the adapter then connect your cars power wire the new threads

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pierced said:
and is this what i need?

yes you need one of those but you dont need the little bolt just the female to male adapter

put a ring terminal on your 4g wire put it on between the batt and the adapter then connect your cars power wire the new threads[/QUOTE]

I get it now, Thanks alot Pierced thumup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I went to Meijer today and they happened to have a GM adapter. Its just a little round screw so you can intsall a normal terminal on it. It has 2 4ga. outputs and 2 8ga. outputs. I stripped off the factory screw terminal and put those wires into the new one. It works well.

While I was there, I picked up a streetglow blue strobe kit. Its soo awesome :hug:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts