Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch it? They choose 8 metal/hardcore bands that have a chance to tour on Ozzfest with all new equipment ect. Two of the bands are representing go old NY hardcore. The band "Beyond All Reason" is from Mechanicville which is where I use to live and go to school and is still right next door. My friends who are in a hardcore band from where I live are close friends with them. And the other band who I think is called "Sicks Deep" sounded pretty good from the little they played also. All the bands sounded good, one of the best I think though is "Trauma Concept". I think its kind of geyy that they are only sending one member to do different tasks when it would have been better for all the bands to go down and do some demo and what not, but o well still should be a good show. And you can check out some demos of my friends hardcore band "Accursed Tragedy"........... http://www.myspace.com/accursedtragedy

·
Registered
905 Posts
i watched it, seems pretty gay because it looks like they are gonna judge the bands on one member rather then the whole band and their music.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Only 2 or 3 of the bands sound like their worth anything anyways. Stupid show in my opinion.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought all the finalist sounded good from the little they played. But thats the thing no one really knows how good they are because theyll never get to play until the final band makes it. And you know the biting the head off a bat was bs and yet they always preview it making it like its something big when you can tell the girl was smiling at the end. If they had a real band competition the show would be a lot better. But not too many hardcore kids and metal heads watch MTV so they figured they gotta make drama and put them in humiliating situations to get ratings from the regular mtv watchers.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
No, in my opinion the majority of those bands were bland. Two or three I'd even go as far as to saying they were bad. I don't remember which ones, but they were not too unique.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But we cant really say if they are good or bad if we havent even heard one full song, their could be great potential in all of them especially with a producer, studio, knowledge and new equipment.

·
Registered
905 Posts
yea the biting the head off the bat is definatly gonna be BS. i know mtv would never allow any of that, they would get all types of lawsuits from peta.

·
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTFU
5,450 Posts
Mantis and Trauma Concept are the two I thought had some potential. But they are both ****ty names in my opinion.

·
God of Unecessary Surgery
235 Posts
yeah I saw that show. all those bands suck major ballz. the only good bands at the last ozzfest were Judas priest, black sabbath, lamb of god and dimmu borgir. I still can't believe I saw judas priest with halford, it rocked :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts