Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv read alot of post of people that are in my position left the game and came back. Iv owned plenty of guns in my time sl28 pump not sure if that is what it was called, spyder compact, spider fenix, automag, mirage, and current is a impulse. A few years ago i bought the impulse with eyes put all ndz internals, bolt, trigger, lpr with tape worm, and feed neck in the gun played couple times then quit. Well i pulle dit out and geesh that thing is huge and heavy to what i see out today. So iv sold it to my bro and now i want something small compact, reliable, and low pressure. If its a blow back i dont want it. Here is the deal I have 2 eggs for hoppers and 2 mask's so now I have to buy 2 guns that fit what I want one for me and one for the wife. Iv seen so many pros and cons on every gun. Just as i lean towards a gun I start finding bad things about it. So im not gonna say anything about what guns iv leaned towards cause i want to see your opinions and why. We will only play 2-3 tims a month so i dont want to buy anything way expensive to sit and collect dust like my impulse did with a grand invested into it. Im not worried about tanks il get them later. So please tell me the gun and a quick why its good and a quick known issues that could arise just so i know if there is a part known to go bad i can just order the upd part with the gun and replace it right away.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
That's foolish to demand "low pressure" when higher operating pressure is more efficient.

It sounds like you got out around the whole "LP is better" fad. Don't buy into it. There are Blowbacks that shoot just as good as you impulse, and are lighter. That being said....

SOunds to me like you need to get into a gun that's at a low point in it's resale. A 2k5'd or alias platform timmy would fit your bill. They're at probably the lowest, or very close to lowest, point they will ever reach. If you buy into one now at 250$ or so, there's no reason it will not sell in a year for about the same amount. Plus they're simple as hell to work on, chepap to upgrade, and generally VERY dependable.

The mini is another option, they started out so cheap it's not possible to go much lower. But they're spring operated so they might be evil(sarcasm)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well your a seasoned player so i'd recommend a Fusion LE

Fusion LE (box contents)
- comes in a nice box( very nice )
- macroline(longer then needed so trim a little)
- allen key set (more then you actually need which is very nice)
- 2 peice barrel ( 0.690 bore,autococker threads)
- marker itself
- spare o-rings
- barrel condom
- manual

Fusion LE

- ideal pressure is 250 psi
- LPR (under barrel insert) adjust the velocity
- HPR
- V2 board (25bps capped)
- 2.5 lbs
- LED display
- Break beam eyes
- large trigger guard
- clamping feed neck
- RAPS on-off(best IMO)
- runs on N2 or HPA
Fusion can come in multiple color schemes

um some problems is that the regs arent factory set, well they are but this is how i did mine so i didnt damage the marker (better safe then sorry) you first down the reg (turn the adjustment screw in) do the same to the LPR, air up the marker, gauge on HPR should read 0, slowly turn the screw counter clockwise until its reachs 230-250 psi then your done! and the LPR you screw out until it fully cycles( it will leak some air its normal) after that just turn it out until your desired FPS, then your set until you have to Lube it (every 15,000 to 20,000 shots)

General maintence

Dont lube the bolt! it comes stock with a derlin bolt (self lubing)
all you need to lube is the HPR, LPR and Ram all easy to do.thumup:

This is a high quality marker for a low price, got my LE for 290 brand new (with tax). Very easy, and user friendly even for some newer players.

If anything happens Dangerous powers has excellent customer service!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
all i remember was the kick the loudness and changing springs so if the blow back guns are improved could you tell me what was changed to improve them? Im not doing co2 never will again so i need a gun to use hpa unless that has been improved as well mostly using in cold temps or shooting fast and blowing liquied out the barrel.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
It's called an Anti-syphon tube, been around for years, would have stopped that problem with the CO2 LOL. CO2 is a fine air source with certain parts/upgrades. BTW, with the exception of a few early guns, they will ALL run on HPA.

You want loud-shoot an EGO.

I still say a timmy, or maybe an 05 ego, 05(or older) cyborg, g7 angel or an 05 speed maybe, is going to be your best bet. The fusion is ok, but is VERY temperamental in the cold(A&M's team shoots them right now....lot's of ram stick issues). They're not bad values, but I think in the new gun category the mini is a better gun.

The used market is just starting an upswing in prices. not a bad time to pick up a gun. Fortunately I see the BS of companies churning out new guns EVERY year, and maybe some of this kiddie obsession with "it's not 08 so it's not teh aggzorz" will die down.

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
You want loud-shoot an EGO.
My ego is not loud, thank you very much. Now I wont say its as quiet as my DM4 was, but it is by no means loud. Actually, my friends timmy is much louder.

Speaking of which. Personally I like the DM series when it comes to mid-range guns. For your range a DM4 or [URL="http://www.freewebs.com/teamxlr8/team%20003.jpg]DM5[/URL] would do nicely. Mine was consistant, super quiet, and was fairly light. Plus, it uses a spool valve, so no kick. Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for

·
Registered
101 Posts
The fusion is ok, but is VERY temperamental in the cold(A&M's team shoots them right now....lot's of ram stick issues). They're not bad values, but I think in the new gun category the mini is a better gun.
:dodgy: you serious.. mine doesnt have any issue with the cold, the only thing that has an issue are my hands but gloves fix that:tup

for the price, fusions LE are 290(where i bought it)the mini is 400,
for 290 marker, it fantastic, mini are sweet to, just that the size can be uncomfortable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you are going to compare a fusion to a new mini, at least compare the Fusion F8 against the mini and not the lower priced Fusion LE. I would put my F8 up against any mini and it is every bit as good. The annodizing on the F8 is pure perfection, it is easy to clean and take apart. Maybe the stock Fusion isn't very good, but the F8 has gotten noting but excellent reviews from every online review you can find.

As for Fusions not liking cold, that is crap. I was out in the 29 degree weather last weekend in Atlanta with snow coming down and it never once failed to shoot properly. As long as your gun is properly lubed internally, and your bolt is clean and unlubed, it works great.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i wasnt comparing them it seems unfair how he compared a 250$+ marker to a 400$+ marker, and i said Fusion LE because the starter of this thread doesnt want an expensive marker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rated,

I didn't mean to come across negatively or anything. I agree that someone can't really compare a $250 gun with a $400 gun. I was just putting the F8 mention in there in case he decides to actually look into buying a new mini vs a fusion. If someone does want to spend $400-450, both the mini and the Fusion F8 are good choices. For sub $300, I would take a Fusion LE anyday, especially because the LE comes with a lifetime warranty. How can you go wrong with that?

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes i know it wasnt ment to be negative in any way, but hes buying for 2 so thats why i suggested the LE if not i probably would of said f8 :p and you cant go wrong with any fusion IMO :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
txaggie do you run co2? and i dont mean on a back up gun i mean all the time every time you go out and play

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you rated for seeing what i typed im buying for 2 so i dont want a 400 dollar gun i already own an impulse that i invested a grand in and im not doing it again for it to sit i want 2 decent guns at the 250 range that if they sit i only have a few hundred sitting in the closet between 2 guns not another grand between 2 guns sitting in the closet. So with that being said i want 2 guns NEW at that price that fit my bill.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Erawtik- depends on the gun. On my cockers? Most definitely. On any of my mechs? yes. The electro's tend to be a bit temperamental on CO2, it depends on what gun we're shooting. I have an HPA tank I run on my intimidator(current electro....). I've run CO2 on electro's before, It mainly depends on the design of the solenoid mounting. Also depends on how good the A/S tube is in the tank. The bosses 68ci fiber tank is a lot more dependable than say, a 20oz with one. Since I run a mech cocker and a timmy on an almost equal basis right now, I'd say about 50% of the time. It's a simple matter of logistics. I can take a 68ci of CO2 out in my cocker(my preferred gun, for just about any level of play) and get the reg/IVG tweaked, and still shoot dang near a case. With HPA I get about half that on a good day(we run off Scuba for the moment...having compressor "issues").

BTW, I ran CO2 on an imp for a good while. Worked great, just needed a good tank.

thank you rated for seeing what i typed im buying for 2 so i dont want a 400 dollar gun i already own an impulse that i invested a grand in and im not doing it again for it to sit i want 2 decent guns at the 250 range that if they sit i only have a few hundred sitting in the closet between 2 guns not another grand between 2 guns sitting in the closet. So with that being said i want 2 guns NEW at that price that fit my bill.
Good luck. VS2's with new regs might fit your bill. The fusion LE would fit it, just be ready to buy HPA tanks that are decent. The PMR might be another one. I will maintain that quality used guns would be better for you to avoid loosing your ass in resale, but that's your issue. There's always the ion, but if you do that you should have stuck with the imp...

As for Fusions not liking cold, that is crap. I was out in the 29 degree weather last weekend in Atlanta with snow coming down and it never once failed to shoot properly. As long as your gun is properly lubed internally, and your bolt is clean and unlubed, it works great.
Bully for you bubba. I saw five or six of them being used by a universities team be contrary as hell because of the cold. Also had a co-worker that had the same problem, and if you'll look around, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE SAYING IT. So no, Some of them are downright temperamental in the cold. Glad you had luck with yours but don't tell me I'm wrong when I've seen it, several times, with my own eyes. And I'm sure you have VASTLY more technical knowledge than the owner of a field, me, half the refs on the field, and the Texas A&M paintball team.

My ego is not loud, thank you very much
Some of it depends on how the gun is set up. A lot of them are butt loud because of the way the regs are set. Most of the ones I've dealt with are much louder than my timmy, definitely than my angel ever was. You should hear the etek one of our refs has...He's paranoid about blowing another noid(dude that sold it to him had the LPR cranked and it popped the gasket at the split) and has his LPR down to far...

·
Thats "Chief" to you...
1,671 Posts
Some of it depends on how the gun is set up. A lot of them are butt loud because of the way the regs are set. Most of the ones I've dealt with are much louder than my timmy, definitely than my angel ever was. You should hear the etek one of our refs has...He's paranoid about blowing another noid(dude that sold it to him had the LPR cranked and it popped the gasket at the split) and has his LPR down to far...
Oh yeah, I wont debate that with you one bit. I'm not saying they CANT be loud, but in the right hands they're not so bad. Which is why I invested in some reballs, I'm the kind of guy that likes to tweak the markers a lot. thumup:

·
Registered
101 Posts
The fusion LE would fit it, just be ready to buy HPA tanks that are decent.

Bully for you bubba. I saw five or six of them being used by a universities team be contrary as hell because of the cold. Also had a co-worker that had the same problem, and if you'll look around, I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE SAYING IT. So no, Some of them are downright temperamental in the cold. Glad you had luck with yours but don't tell me I'm wrong when I've seen it, several times, with my own eyes. And I'm sure you have VASTLY more technical knowledge than the owner of a field, me, half the refs on the field, and the Texas A&M paintball team.

I believe hes already stated he'll buy hpa tanks, so that shouldnt really be an issue, also i use a steelie(60$) on my Fusion and its works great , just a little back heavy.

Also, ive shot my fusion in -10C (canadian) and it shot wonderfully, but i maintain my marker religiously, so that might play a factor, but you cant say its only the Fusions that dont work in cold weather, that is a broad base and can relate to other high ends, also im not saying your wrong, but you cant just say Fusions are the only ones, it makes me sad:( , and i never heard anyone say this about the Fusion, only you so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i was leaning to the vs2's just cause they are dirt cheap and it wont scare my buddies off. When i had the imp they wouldnt play with my caue they were using spyder victors and stingrays ya junk. I still have my palmers reg that i took of my fenix i could use on my vs2 if i go that rought since you say the reg is junk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts