Evolution 3 Egg Hopper
Java/PMI 48ci 3000 psi compressed air tank

OR

Sypder VS2: $250

Spyder VS2
Halo TSA Hopper
PMI/Java 48ci Nitro Tank

Which package should I get?

I'm leaning more towards an Ion. I've heard so many bad things about Spyder and so many good things about an Ion. I've played with stock and upped ions before. They seemed very nice.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Actually, I wouldn't do either.

Get the VS1 with VS2 frame pack that actionvillage is offering, go with CO2, then get a better hopper than the TSA. You will be better off running the VS1 with CO2 in the long run than scraping a sub standard package together with the other 2.

That tank is heavy, and not well made, and the hopper is not that great.

And trust me, you'll hear much worse about that ion than you will the spyder.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
no turbo, the ion is not a very good starting marker because it's fairly complicated and easily broken. New players need something simple that they can understand and learn on.

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
Your best bet, and the most versatile one you could find would be a package like this one.

AS CO2 tank 45$

Spyder VS1 100$

CCm Feedneck 30$

Vlocity junior 97$

That's 270 with a top o the line loader, and a gun that will physically shoot as fast as either one of the ion or VS2. Plus you'll be able to run CO2, even un-antisiphoned. This is something that 99% of beginners ignore.....that cheapo HPA tank won't last through a quarter of a case on most spyder/ions. If your not at a field, be aware that you NOT going to be able to have a full day of play on a gun that requires HPA without a scuba rig. You need to think about that very carefully....always have a CO2 backup gun.

Much better hopper, much simpler gun, and one that will last you if you'll take care of it as a backup for many years.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i agree with axaggie08, for your first gun get something a little easier to use, cheaper, and more dependable. The vs1 is a great marker for the price. It might be a good idea to get some upgrades for it later on like a better barrel and what not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts