Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this was already discussed somewhere on the forum, but I'm having a stupid moment and can't figure out how to search the forum. I bought a bent plastic elbow at Dick's Sporting Goods last week. It was the kind that has thumbscrews. I tightened the screws using a pair of pliers since finger-tightening was not at all sufficient to keep my hopper from moving (just a VL gravity-fed hopper). I'm using the elbow, obviously, since my hopper is not a straight-feed. Anyways, I played woodball this weekend and the elbow cracked and broke! It's useless now and it's only been a week. I wasn't even doing anything crazy with my marker, I certainly didn't throw it around or anything. Anyways, I was wonder if anyone knew about any metal bent elbows out there or any other material that's not likely to break anytime soon. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
23,657 Posts
those plastic feednecks break very often. the trick is not to over-tighten them. if it's too loose on your hopper, slip a piece of paper or thin cardboard between the feedneck and the hopper. the onyl way i know of getting a metal 45 degree elbow is to buy a copper fitting at the hardware store.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ebay, search aluminum feed neck. They sell a custom aluminum feed neck for like $3 with life time warranty its a straight neck thought not a off set

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good suggestions. I've searched ebay and there doesn't appear to be anything that fits the bill. So far the only things I've found with Google are made for the Spyder and don't look like they'd easily replace the standard plastic feedneck (one end looks fine, but the other end has a strange geometry to it: looks like an open book instead of a cylinder). I really do need a bent feedneck, straight just causes more trouble. And I'm not willing to buy a new hopper for something as silly as a broken elbow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Python paintball make an aluminum claming 45* elbow. Cost is $40.00 but I doubt that you will ever have to replace it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
the way i keep my plastic feednecks from breaking is i put big o-rings on my hopper's feed neck and i only tighten it finger tight(i have a death grip though...) and wrap the plastic elbow thing with duct tape and electrical tape, i havent broken it yet and ive had it for 2 years now. and i play like every week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts