Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening, PBF. After a brief hiatus it looks like I'll be wasting my time here more often. Most of my contributions are drug, music, or health related. So let's get this started.

Benzodiazepines -- For those who have been PRESCRIBED thumup:

A wonderful class of sedatives. However, highly addicting and tolerance-building. I went on Alprazolam (Xanax) in August. Started out on the weakling 0.25mg and eventually bumped up to 0.5mg prn 3x/day. Was on that steady until about a month or two again. Switched from 0.5mg Xanax prn 3x/day to Clonazepam (Kpins) 0.5mg prn 2x/day. Just a few weeks ago I was bumped up again from 0.5mg Kpin 2x a day to 1.0mg of klonopin 2x a day.

Now, I'm prescribed these. I see the doctor, I give her my $15 co-pay for her 2 minutes of script-writing time and I'm out the door. It's for my anxiety. Anyway, purpose of this thread? I've been on these ****ers quite a while. Considering these types of medications are generally used in short term (3-6 weeks). I'm starting to notice some real side effects. HORRIBLE short-term memory loss. I can be in the middle of a conversation, and then get lost completely as to what we were even discussing. Along with a lot of muscle lethargy.

It sucks, I'm sick of them. Unfortunately I need these guys to function now. Weening off isnt an option for me right now, too much going on with my anxiety/agoraphobia.

Anyone ever get any long term side effects to Benzos? (Klonopin, Xanax, Valium, Ativan, etc). Let's keep this legal. Not sure about PbF's current drug thread policy. However, as of this post its completely legal.

p.s Feel free to share any other psych drug related stories, it makes me feel less crazy :hug:

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
That **** is just bad news and I think you need to try and get off it ASAP.

I think it's all a huge crock of ****.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
One of my friends is realllyy addicted to that **** bad.

He just did Kpins a lot then he went to liquid xanax. And now he is prescribed that **** for his "Depression / Anxiety" which I know is a crock of bull **** he's just addicted.

He's a different person now. I do a lot of crazy **** but those depression type **** I will never touch.

wes.

O

·
0 Posts
I'd say to get off that ****.

Also, everyone try to use the swearfilter at least once in every post in this thread. I'd like to keep it going.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you guys aren't saying depression and anxiety are a crock of ****. If you're talking about the medications, I somewhat agree. Anxiety is real. I have panic attacks, I can't function. Can't leave my house, hold a job, socialize, party, i cant do ****. It's a trade off between dealing with disabling panic attacks or taking Rx medication. Right now I choose the latter - which is only the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
6,356 Posts
I don't see what's wrong with being addicted to something that doesn't have any really horrible side effects (although you said you're starting to notice some side effects from the medication, and also like you said, it's worth it to keep mentally stable).

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to keep this ****ing **** going. **** ****ing **** **** ****

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Find the peaceful thing in life that you can always look towards, slowly take yourself off the meds, and whenever something makes you go into fight ot flight mode, think about the peaceful thing. Perhaps that may help.

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Find the peaceful thing in life that you can always look towards, slowly take yourself off the meds, and whenever something makes you go into fight ot flight mode, think about the peaceful thing. Perhaps that may help.

I know alot about my panic; how it's triggered, why it happens (psychologically and physically), etc. But as much as I try and talk myself through it, it doesn't work. I'm required to go through therapy while on medication, but that isn't helping much.

I'm on Lamictal for the long term treatment of the anxiety, but until it reaches its full effectiveness I need the benzos.

****ty.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Whenever **** hits and I feel bad, I can always pull out a few cigs and chill.
It helps a bit too when I smoke woth other chill people

·
Shine on Rick Wright
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Whenever **** hits and I feel bad, I can always pull out a few cigs and chill.
It helps a bit too when I smoke woth other chill people
Believe it or not, cigarettes are worse for anxiety. Nicotine being a stimulant, and after a cigarette your breathing gets heavier (like a panic attack). Read about a study that proves this. I still smoke cigarettes because I'm addicted, but it does make my anxiety worse.

Smoking a bone, on the other hand, won't change my anxiety for better or worse, but it sure helps unwind after a full day of panic/anxiety.

EDIT: Edit what ****??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts