Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What band do you guys think has the best NAME. Doesn't matter if they're good or not, or if you like them or not, this is solely the best name.

My vote goes to Guns N' Roses. I just think it's a cool name, there's just something about it that I like.

-Jin

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreaker's,or Depeche Mode.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While Led Zeppelin is my favorite band, and the name is pretty sick, I (personally) think there's bands with more unique/interesting/cool names.

Motley Crue is another great name. It suits the band perfectly. If you've never seen a picture of them or heard their music, you can still get a perfect image of the band just by the name. It's probably the ultimate rock band name.

-Jin

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Led Zeppelin was at a gig once with a different name, and after the show their manager came up to them and said "That show went down like a Lead Zeppelin" (its a compliment) that is where they got their name, I think that is interesting enough for me.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
prostock05 said:
Led Zeppelin was at a gig once with a different name, and after the show their manager came up to them and said "That show went down like a Lead Zeppelin" (its a compliment) that is where they got their name, I think that is interesting enough for me.
no keith moon saw them and said their band is going down like a lead zeppelin. i've read that on like 20 websites, so i doubt it would be the same story just twisted.

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, it was Keith Moon, though I don't know if he meant 'go down like a lead zeppelin' as a compliment or criticism. He was friends w/ Page & Jones, so I could see it being either...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Moon

Also, I do know that lead was changed to led so that there wouldn't be confusion over whether it was lead (as in Pb) or lead (as in to lead someone, opposite of follow).

-Jin

1 - 20 of 38 Posts