Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking for some opinions on the best barrel for my x7. i don't want to spend a ton of money but am willing to part with some. i was thinking about a 14" or 16" for my style of play
any feed back is appreciated

·
Registered
57 Posts
i agree they are great barrels almost way too good for the price

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks all for the help, i am still torn between the j&j 14" and the lapco 14". i am going to head to my local store and look at both. will repost and let you know which one i go with and how i feel about it

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I'd take a Lapco over just about anything else on the market J&J barrels aren't bad they are a great cheap barrel but they have nothing on a Lapco.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like a J&J is unavailable in my area! opinions about the tippmann flatline for the x7 or am i better off going with the lapco? i have heard the flatline will shoot up to 250 feet but is hard to attach to the gun and isn't very reliable

·
(b '_')b
858 Posts
I don't like the flatlines, apex is better.
But some will argue that flatlines/apex don't work and some will swear by it. I'd just go for the lapco, those are sweet barrels.

·
Registered
201 Posts
classic CP one piece or J&J don't go more than 12-14 inches

·
Registered
53 Posts
If you can afford to get the j&j shipped, that's the way to go. I've put my 16" j&j up against a 12" lapco, and there is a difference. It's not huge, but it's there. Performance not withstanding, Flatlines are more difficult to clean in game than a standard straight barrel.

·
Registered
201 Posts
If you can afford to get the j&j shipped, that's the way to go. I've put my 16" j&j up against a 12" lapco, and there is a difference. It's not huge, but it's there. Performance not withstanding, Flatlines are more difficult to clean in game than a standard straight barrel.
yeah, there is a bit of a difference...16" uses more air and will go maybe 4 inches further

·
Registered
53 Posts
^^I was referring to the advantage of a low friction ceramic coating, over a non-coated bore, rather than any recommendation on length. My mention of lengths was purely for factual accuracy, I have used (not read about, or seen used) a 12" Lapco Bigshot, and own and have used (not read about or seen used) a 16" J7J Ceramic. The difference in performance between the two was, in my experience, small, but noticeable, in that the Lapco was slightly rougher on paint, was less slightly effective at self cleaning (shoot-though, whatever you want to call it), ant was, again, slightly more likely to hook balls.
The main difference I noted, was that my buddy paid about $120 CAD, with tax, for the Lapco, while I paid about $60 CAD, after tax, for the J&J.
Those are my reasons for suggesting a J&J (of whatever length), but the Lapco is also a fine choice, I just hope you got a better deal than my friend did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts