Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, i want to buy a 16" barrel kit, i have been looking the dye ultra lite, the sly kit and the deadlywind fibur. Which do you think will be the best one. I am looking for accuracy.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
SP Freak, Empire Revolver, Evil Pipe, Hammerheads are all good barrel systems.
Hm, if i had to get a barrel out of those i would go with the freak. Well they all perform good there are some things about them. The freak is pry the best barrel out of these with good accuracy and sound signature, and one of the most used barrels ever. The empire revolver, from what i remember, is very similar to the freak, so similar SP even sued KEE over it. The evil pipe is decent, but very loud. Hammerheads are nice, but can get expensive and there are cheaper barrels that work just as good.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
I have the DW fibur barrel and it is amazing. I have used a few other barrel kits, and prefer this over it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Hm, if i had to get a barrel out of those i would go with the freak. Well they all perform good there are some things about them. The freak is pry the best barrel out of these with good accuracy and sound signature, and one of the most used barrels ever. The empire revolver, from what i remember, is very similar to the freak, so similar SP even sued KEE over it. The evil pipe is decent, but very loud. Hammerheads are nice, but can get expensive and there are cheaper barrels that work just as good.
Inserts suck wiener.

Real barrel kit > freak

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Freaks performance is ok, but overpriced. They're rather fragile too. On top of all that... SP is a very shady bunch. The product sucks, the company sucks, I see no reason to get it.

For an open bolt gun, a kit is rather unnecessary anyway. Just get a relatively large bore, maybe .691-.693 and forget about it.

·
Pump is Better
3,424 Posts
I wonder why no one has listed the Redz kit yet? Its one of the best, personally I'd take that over the freak anyday. Actually I'd take a stock barrel over the freak just couse it's smarts parts crap. but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i prefer my lucky un1tec kit. but thats just me.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
I would enver buy anything from lucky, there worse than SP: http://www.pageofrob.com/ripluckypb.html

But pepperstiks are good, and the paintball world has to learn how to do business. If they did then SP wouldnt be able to do all this, but if you suck at business then you deserved to get sued, especially a big company like some of these. Protect your self, isnt that in business 101? PATENT YOU STUFF PEOPLE PLEASE!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking to buy a new barrel for my new mini... Which barrel should i get for accuracy...14, or 16 barrel. Would it be much more accurate than the stock 12" barrel thats on there now???

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
Length to a certain point doesnt have to do with accuracy, its more consistency and quality of the inside of the barrel. Something from a good company will shoot good, length is just for how it feels on the marker. I personally like a 14". and if your tight on a budget get something from CP. If you got more money get a deadly wind carbon fibur barrel.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
it's the angle the picture was taken. and you will never be dissatisfied with the deadly wind. DW>anything else.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is it just me or does that deadlywind barrel look horrifically bent in that pic?
the barrel looks bent to me as well :dodgy:
get anywhere between 10 and 14 inch barrels. 12 or 14 is the best in my oppinion, but never get lower than 10 or higher than 14. The ultrLight is nice and the freak set is good too. The deadlywind is also very nice, id go with that.

·
bow chicka
2,640 Posts
the barrel looks bent to me as well :dodgy:
get anywhere between 10 and 14 inch barrels. 12 or 14 is the best in my oppinion, but never get lower than 10 or higher than 14. The ultrLight is nice and the freak set is good too. The deadlywind is also very nice, id go with that.
What, never seen bent and broken paintball kit? Just to show you its possible...

Theres just some of my favorites

1 - 20 of 42 Posts