Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently want to upgrade my stock G3 barrel to something different.
I was just wondering what barrel or barrel kit has provided you guys with the best peformance and which are recommended and which are not. Also, since a good paint to bore match is important what makes a barrel with the same bore size better than the other? Pricing dosen't really matter as of now I just want a little more info.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
best barrel kit is subjective, but as for me i did my reasearch before desiding to get what i felt was the best, deadly winds fibur ($153) 2.2 oz with an insert in it, carbon fiber and uses the smart parts freak kit for inserts so if you have the full freak (that 153 price is the barrel and full freak) you have 8 different inserts (if you get this kit get the 14" though, anything above that will not fit in the freak case)

as for single barrels, there is a difference in the quality of craftmanship from one barrel to another so that makes a difference, but if you have one that is a common size (.689 for example) then you will be able to shoot the majority of paint out there

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Stiffi barrels are light that much is true other than that I didn't find mine to be all that great. The best barrel kits I've ever used were made by Lapco I know that backs and inserts are trendy but nothing beats a good one piece barrel.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
youll have to check to be sure but last i heard the stiffi barrels could not use any barrel swab. that was another selling point on the DW for me, i could use any swab, and while the stiffi only has four 1" backs the DW has 8 (granted as long as you get the full freak) but also the stiffi switch kit is $200 and if you loose any of the backs good luck finding a new one, while the freak inserts are pretty easy to find if you damage or loose one

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for all the responses...I too have read that you can swab DW but not other carbon fiber barrels...it looks like that DW would be a good buy...but as I reading the sticky "Remix's Barrel Kits 101" I came across the Freak section and it says that the Freak insert are easy to bend and aren't polished well. It also says that it vary greatly in actual bore size and what is on the insert...have you had these same problem? or have they fixed them?.....

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
if you keep them in the case you shouldnt have a problem, and like i said above, even if you do manage to bend one, you can replace it for $10 with a quick ebay search. as for the sizing, iv personally taken a michrometer to my kit, the difference from what was on the side to what it measured was .001 basically rounding error (about half were dead on, the other half rounded to .001 higher or lower). so idk where the bad measurments came from but at least to me if there were some bad ones they dont seem to be made anymore

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh haha I wish... they don't pay for my stuff lolz..I gotta budget it in....somehow...doesn't look like it right now though...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts